No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Says He'll Be Ready For Nishioka Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rafael Marquez Says He'll Be Ready For Nishioka Shot

Former two division champion Rafael Marquez (40-6, 36KOs) believes he is ready for a planned shot at the WBC super bantamweight champion Toshiaki Nishioka (38-4-3, 24KOs) of Japan. Marquez returned to the ring last Saturday in Cancun, Mexico and stopped Eduardo Becerril in five rounds. Marquez was fighting for the first time in eight months. He suffered a shoulder injury during last November TKO loss to featherweight Juan Manuel Lopez. The Nishioka bout is tentative for October 1.

[Click Here To Read More]

Sorry but Marquez need to retire, I hate it when legends like him get beat on and used for their name...

Comment

After seeing marquez's last performance I think that he should retire, he's just not that good anymore. In his last fight he was caught sometimes by a journeyman and right now Nishioka would be to much for Rafa. He had a great career but I think he should retire before he ends like mosley or roy

Comment

Another WBC title shot scam.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
          Stfu stupid rican the wbo gives out belts to dead ricans for crying out loud.

Comment

He better train 10x harder than he did for his previous fight. He looked old and done.

He will always have my support win lose or draw but yeah he needs to hang them up.

Comment

Originally posted by andyp513 View Post
              Like the Puerto Rican based WBA awarded Vazquez Jr. and JuanMa titles before Mexicans came and showed them what real champions are like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                Sorry but Marquez need to retire, I hate it when legends like him get beat on and used for their name...
                Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                After seeing marquez's last performance I think that he should retire, he's just not that good anymore. In his last fight he was caught sometimes by a journeyman and right now Nishioka would be to much for Rafa. He had a great career but I think he should retire before he ends like mosley or roy
                Originally posted by fceeviper View Post
                He better train 10x harder than he did for his previous fight. He looked old and done.

He will always have my support win lose or draw but yeah he needs to hang them up.
                Rafa didn't look spectacular but I think you guys are exaggerating. His punches were still crisp and hard. He will give Nishioka all that he can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Loc Jr View Post
                  He will give Nishioka all that he can handle.
                  That's a no doubt'er when it comes to Rafa, but I'm just saying he looked a little old/slow on Sat, he was getting caught alot.

But yeah I will be routing for him when he fights for the belt' that's for damn sure!

Comment

I haven't seen Rafa's latest fight, but I think the Rafa that showed up for the JML fight would have a good shot against Nishioka.

Comment

Working...
                    X