No announcement yet.

Does Shawn Porter beat Kell Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    What I like about Porter is he can box aswell. He's not a great boxer but he can box abit aswell as force the action.

Good speed and decent power. He's well rounded and versatile.
    yes, i like porter alot.. I dont think he will ever be a p4p guy and considered elite, but over the next few years he will def be a force at welter.. His work rate is very good, seems to have a decent chin, and like you said he is very well rounded, he doesnt do 1 thing great, but he is solid in all areas... Eager to see him vs maidana, thurman, etc

A fight between him and bradley would be a dogfight

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I think domination was a fair word to use.

Jones had about a round or two in which he looked alright. Brook hurt him in almost every round as far as I remember it, and though he took a breather for a few, looked the dominant fighter through the fight.
      He won comfortably but he didn't dominate him.

Jones still gave him some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        yes, i like porter alot.. I dont think he will ever be a p4p guy and considered elite, but over the next few years he will def be a force at welter.. His work rate is very good, seems to have a decent chin, and like you said he is very well rounded, he doesnt do 1 thing great, but he is solid in all areas... Eager to see him vs maidana, thurman, etc

A fight between him and bradley would be a dogfight
        I'd love to see Porter against all those guys.

Would be a great test for Thurman.

Comment

I'd love to see Porter against all those guys.

Would be a great test for Thurman.
          I think both Porter and Thurman are very overrated at this point.

Comment

Soon people will realize how good Brook is. That's all I'm gonna say. People are too quick to call him a bum but thats ok.

Comment

He won comfortably but he didn't dominate him.

Jones still gave him some problems.
              I suppose that could be true.

I haven't watched the fight back since it happened, just remember I thought Brook looked decent.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I suppose that could be true.

I haven't watched the fight back since it happened, just remember I thought Brook looked decent.
                He didn't struggle or anything, he looked much better in this fight but I wouldn't say he dominated the fight.

But he did look significantly better.

Comment

Porter > Brook

Comment

Originally posted by Bronard View Post
                    Soon people will realize how good Brook is. That's all I'm gonna say. People are too quick to call him a bum but thats ok.
                    LOOL who sent those tweets dawg???

He didn't struggle or anything, he looked much better in this fight but I wouldn't say he dominated the fight.

But he did look significantly better.
                    Ye, Brook looked pretty good against Jones in the rematch but the problems he had 4 years ago, still persist to this day and that is mainly his inability to maintain the correct pace throughout a fight. He gases too early, especially when he lets big punches go. Why is that and why hasn't the problem been solved yet?

No modern athlete as young as Brook, should be gassing so quick, is there a medical condition? If there is, he needs to get that sorted.

Comment

It's an evenly matched fight. But if the same Porter that fought Alexander shows up he will beat Kell Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X