No announcement yet.

Last night solved Ruslan's opponent problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post

I think for them, they'd go with Herrera because they'd say he was the guy who should've won the lineal title and rag on Garcia/Showtime the whole way.
    I suppose, but that still is a tough fight and Herrera does not have any sort of appealing style. With limited options they could have gone that route if it were viable.

However it is not like Mayfield or Dulorme would be all that scintillating of fights. So that would certainly be at least an equal option and would have the added benefit like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Mayfield's stock kind of went up after last night. He got the ugliest style in boxing though.
      I refuse to give him Mayfield credit for that fight.

Comment

GBP does have the stranglehold on the 140-154 division.....Ruslan ain't with neither either...but I think Banner are loyal to HBO and I know Provo sure is.

Right now the banner card for HBO in June looks weak. Boo Boo has to fight Rose....
        I don't know what the Rios issue is. Everyone but Rios is saying he can't make 140

Comment

GBP does have the stranglehold on the 140-154 division.....Ruslan ain't with neither either...but I think Banner are loyal to HBO and I know Provo sure is.

Right now the banner card for HBO in June looks weak. Boo Boo has to fight Rose....
          I don't know what the Rios issue is. Everyone but Rios is saying he can't make 140
          I would say he should just fight Rios where ever and hope something shakes out later on, even at 147 I don't think Rios would have an advantage but they should certainly try to get a catch weight because Provodnikov is hot while Rios is on a losing streak so that side is certainly holding the big stick.

Even if that is just really a showcase fight, Ruslan can use the exposure and I think that fight advances his career a lot more than Mayfield or Dulorme who he can always get around to later on if that has to happen (and as long as Ruslan handles Rios he should make better money).

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Mauricio Herrera is with Golden Boy now.
            You realize Ruslan is not a TR fighter, right?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              You realize Ruslan is not a TR fighter, right?
              Top Rank do have an option on his next fight though, and Banner has been working with Top Rank.

Even if he is not with Top Rank he is with HBO and any GBP fighter is not going to get on HBO currently. Although HBO does kind of need to get over that they have guys that need legit opponents and GBP is the group that has that talent.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Top Rank do have an option on his next fight though, and Banner has been working with Top Rank.

Even if he is not with Top Rank he is with HBO and any GBP fighter is not going to get on HBO currently. Although HBO does kind of need to get over that they have guys that need legit opponents and GBP is the group that has that talent.
                I think they had to use the option by April.
                That's why I was thinking why they were going to make Demarco and Rios later..... why waste an option on a fighter on a fight you can make later?
                Sucks for us, but that's a probable reason.

Comment

I think they had to use the option by April.
                  That's why I was thinking why they were going to make Demarco and Rios later..... why waste an option on a fighter on a fight you can make later?
                  Sucks for us, but that's a probable reason.
                  I didn't know it had a time limit, there is really no one available that wouldn't be a waste really. Top Rank probably wants to cut a co-promotional deal with Banner for Provodnikov's services and are holding out on the better options until they get that.

Comment

What's Hank Lundy up to? Is he exclusive to showtime?

Or maybe Viktor Postol?

Comment

Working...
                    X