Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell investment down to the last 82M? OUT of (521M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PKing View Post
    Haymon also bought time on Fox, CBS, ESPN and cable network Bounce TV. Fox's first Premier telecast was Jan. 23 at Staples Center, headlined by Danny Garcia's unanimous-decision victory over Guerrero to claim the World Boxing Council welterweight title. Showtime and Spike TV also telecast Premier boxing shows, but those are more conventional financial arrangements with the TV outlets paying Haymon licensing fees. - Lance Pugmire (LA Times)
    I'll go look for the quote later, but I've read none or most of these PBC network deals are straight time buys as advertised & accepted as straight time buys by most fans & that all those networks are paying some fee towards broadcasting those cards. I believe its mostly in regards to the production costs/expenses. Showtime is a different animal so yea I'm sure there is a more standard agreement with them.

Here's a article quote I was able to dig up real quick about the NBC deal & what I believe all the deals to be similar models of. I'll look into other quotes later.
    NBC was more likely to shear the feathers from its pea**** than it was to pay for a boxing series. But Haymon wasn’t suggesting a rights fee. Instead, it was Haymon who was willing to write a sizable check to NBC. But he wanted more than the traditional time-buy, where the network would take his money and wish him well.

Haymon wanted NBC Sports to not only air his series, eventually to be labeled Premier Boxing Champions, but to bless it. He wanted it produced by NBC, using front-line talent, with features and vignettes like those that are the hallmark of its Olympics coverage. He wanted the network to help promote the series across its assets.

Eventually, they reached a complex two-year agreement in which Haymon would pay handsomely for air time but NBC would invest as well, paying for some of the production costs, delivering Al Michaels, Marv Albert and Sugar Ray Leonard as on-air talent, and providing promotional assets.
    http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...epth/Main.aspx

Comment

Spike TV paid Premier up to seven figures in licensing fees for each of the two cards, which featured main-event victories by welterweights Andre Berto in March and Amir Khan in May. - Lance Pugmire (LA Times)
      Seven figures doesn't Mean they paid then going rate. Some of these PBC cards Haymon is spending over 2.5 - 3 mill on purses alone.

Originally posted by PKing View Post
      2018 will tell the truth.

Not February of 2016. LOL
      They already burned 3/4 of the $.

We don't need to wait and see what happens anymore. This is failing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Seven figures doesn't Mean they paid then going rate. Some of these PBC cards Haymon is spending over 2.5 - 3 mill on purses alone.

They already burned 3/4 of the $.

We don't need to wait and see what happens anymore. This is failing.
        I don't think you get it... what other promoter is getting 7 figure license fees in America not on HBO?

If what you BELIEVE is true... Porter-Thurman will be Haymon's last fight. LOL

Comment

I don't think you get it... what other promoter is getting 7 figure license fees in America not on HBO?

If what you BELIEVE is true... Porter-Thurman will be Haymon's last fight. LOL
          I don't even know what it matters tbh.

PBC burned over 300 mill last year, a few seven figure deals a year from spike TV isn't going to save them.

It's a drop in a quickly emptying bucket.

PBC needs bigger ratings and sponsorships asap or they are done for, that's all there is to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            I don't even know what it matters tbh.

PBC burned over 300 mill last year, a few seven figure deals a year from spike TV isn't going to save them.

It's a drop in a quickly emptying bucket.

PBC needs bigger ratings and sponsorships asap or they are done for, that's all there is to it.
            Such a simple mind...

Lets try this again. PBC shows investors they have deals already in place UNDER 12 months of inception that pay 7 figures. They project that within 8 years that the deals continue to escalate significantly.

Investors say... ok, here's another $600 million. Make it happen.

This type of situation happens all the time if you haven't noticed. Ever heard of "Uber"?

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
              Anyone who doesn't think PBC is going to end in disaster is utterly delusional. It has been doomed for failure from the start because it doesn't have a single fighter in the top 10 p4p, nor will it work with one that is. You cannot shut your eyes and pretend that the whole boxing world that isn't affiliated with Al Haymon doesn't exist.

It has made no inroads into changing the boxing landscape, apart from shutting down a bunch of anticipated fights. It's just going through the motions, making a some good fights and some totally illogical fights. A lot of its fighters are getting oddly good paydays, and Haymon too (basically writing himself a check each time )

Haymon screwed over HBO, screwed over Golden Boy, screwed over Showtime, and will screw over this investment firm. The Emperor has no clothes. He used to have a guy called Mayweather one, who was an amazing talent made on HBO, who fought De La Hoya and Hatton and became huge..and then retired.

All the Haymonites put all their faith in a guy who doesn't even talk, who won't even tell us what his model for success is. Why exactly should we trust this guy? He stunk up HBO, he stunk up Showtime, and he's made a mediocre start to network TV. You guys are so delusional, it's not even funny.

And when it all comes crashing down like it inevitably does, you have to hope that he hasn't permanently ****ed up boxing.

They should rebrand as "league of extraordinarily overpaid premadonas"

Comment

Haymon also bought time on Fox, CBS, ESPN and cable network Bounce TV. Fox's first Premier telecast was Jan. 23 at Staples Center, headlined by Danny Garcia's unanimous-decision victory over Guerrero to claim the World Boxing Council welterweight title. Showtime and Spike TV also telecast Premier boxing shows, but those are more conventional financial arrangements with the TV outlets paying Haymon licensing fees. - Lance Pugmire (LA Times)
                Here's a quote from the President of Spike TV back in March 2015 talking about the PBC deal.
                Can you share with us any details to your deal with PBC? Is it similar to NBC's which I've been told is a time buy?

We obviously never talk about financial details but I will say that we are both heavily invested in this. Al is putting up a great deal and we are putting a lot into it as well and we are very excited. We plan on having boxing for years to come on Spike.
                http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/13...kay-pbc-boxing

These deals have never been standard time buys or standard TV deals. They've always been a hybrid with a heavy time buy lean from most sources.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  They should rebrand as "league of extraordinarily overpaid premadonas"
                  Sounds like the consistent 30-1 odds for HBO main events!

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Here's a quote from the President of Spike TV back in March 2015 talking about the PBC deal.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/13...kay-pbc-boxing

These deals have never been standard time buys or standard TV deals. They've always been a hybrid with a heavy time buy lean from most sources.
                    Good info!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                      Uh oh, PBC getting hit on the other side now.

Little old people be happy to know their 401k's were investing into Jermall Charlo's strip club spree.
                      That is shocking if true. The fall-out would be monumental and PBC would be done. What a disaster and embarassment to boxing this could be.

Comment

Working...
                      X