Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opportunist Champions - Lennox, Tyson, Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course it is, so he just denies the facts. The internet equivalent of a child putting his hands to his ears and yelling LA LA LA, I'm not LISTENING.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      tyson ducked lewis. It is no secret that lewis chased tyson for years & even sued him in court. Got 4 million step aside money at one point. The only reason the fight happened was tyson needed money or he would of never fought him.
      Would you accept $13 million + a guaranteed world title shot, or would you accept $4 million to step-a-side?.... Lewis never fancied his chances against that version of Mike Tyson. So he waited another 6yrs unto he self-destructed more.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
        Sonny, you just can't help yourself can you!

Let me guess, you've got this fight in your 20,000 fight film collection and you sat ringside, holding both guys spit buckets right?

Well, guess what? First off, that fight was probably going to be
        PHP Code:
        won by Vito 
        , and he had Hope hurt numerous times throughout the fight and nearly finished him late in the fight but he gassed himself out going for it and then got stopped, on his feet (he was never poleaxed) in the last ten seconds of the fight, because he was too tired to go on and
        PHP Code:
         Hope took advantage 
        by simply throwing punches until the ref stepped in. Vito was winning that fight though.
        LOL... Once again "The Aussie **** Assassin" blurts out his load of garbage.. Maurice Hope won the fight it's as simple as that. You have claimed , "Vito was probably going to win" LOL.. Hope knocked Vito from pillar-to-post over the last 5rds. Vito was down twice in the last round, both times rulled as "Slips" LOL... Vito was lying half out of the ring after clearly being punched by Hope. Again he was picked up by the referee and it ruled a slip.. The fight was held in Italy, where an Italian fighter had to be knocked out for his opponent to get a draw. Vito was cut in several places with blood pouring down his face, his legs had gone and he could not barely stand up. Hope put him down with a big right hand and followed him down with the force. The fight was stopped and ruled a cuts stoppage LOL...

http://www.apimages.com/metadata/Ind...12ccc519cf4ab5

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          LOL... Once again "The Aussie **** Assassin" blurts out his load of garbage.. Maurice Hope won the fight it's as simple as that. You have claimed , "Vito was probably going to win" LOL.. Hope knocked Vito from pillar-to-post over the last 5rds. Vito was down twice in the last round, both times rulled as "Slips" LOL... Vito was lying half out of the ring after clearly being punched by Hope. Again he was picked up by the referee and it ruled a slip.. The fight was held in Italy, where an Italian fighter had to be knocked out for his opponent to get a draw. Vito was cut in several places with blood pouring down his face, his legs had gone and he could not barely stand up. Hope put him down with a big right hand and followed him down with the force. The fight was stopped and ruled a cuts stoppage LOL...

http://www.apimages.com/metadata/Ind...12ccc519cf4ab5
          Yeah...that's exactly my point. Thanks for clarifying that you lied about how it ended in your other post though.

Of course Hope won it. That's not what you were claiming though was it?! You weren't claiming that Hope simply won it. I wouldn't have replied otherwise because that's what actually happened. You said Vito was brutally poleaxed, trying to degrade Hagler via Vito, when that's not at all what happened.

Trying to backtrack to make it look as if you knew... The whole point of this was that you were slagging Hagler, by saying Vito was brutally poleaxed by Hope. Clearly not true.

I know how the fight went. I've already told you, so why are you trying to point out what I've already told you? I don't actually care about the result or what happened in the fight other than to point out your usual deluded bias. You were the one that didn't know what happened.

It wasn't stopped on cuts either. The ref stepped in when Vito was exhausted and Hope was flailing away on him, though he was badly cut as well. That's not what stopped the fight though.

Also, it was Hope that was nearly knocked out in both the 13th and 14th rounds and that was what got Vito so gassed. Hope didn't come on at all in the last five, he was getting beat up in the last five, but then a tired Vito came out, got hurt and cut with a punch, knocked down twice but was then stopped on his feet.

Ie. he was never poleaxed as you said and neither was he easily beaten as you implied by it. Vito was ten seconds from winning the fight and got stopped on his feet. If you had said what actually happened, though you are now trying to backtrack with the post above, I would not have replied to you. But you lied about it trying to degrade Hagler. Just stop lying about petty **** mate.

So anyway, different topic! As usual, whenever you're called out on your BS you very conveniently go silent and disappear. I'm willing to take you up on that bet from the other thread. You prove you have the biggest fight collection in the world and I'll leave this place for good. Well?
          Last edited by BennyST; 01-30-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=sonnyboyx2;16426286]Would you accept $13 million + a guaranteed world title shot, or would you accept $4 million to step-a-side?.... Lewis never fancied his chances against that version of Mike Tyson. So he waited another 6yrs unto he self-destructed more.[/QUOTE Lewis sued Tyson to block him from defending against Seldon. So they paid him 4 million to step aside promising he was next. He then vacated the belt. doing exactly what wilder may to to avoid povetkin. Where is this 13 million coming from? I have followed lewis & Tyson from the beginning & I have all their fights. I don't remember any 13 million offer. What I do remember is Tyson having 2 wars with Ruddock & Lewis crushing Ruddock to get in the mandatory position. Lewis beat Lionel Butler to get the mandatory...
            Last edited by joe strong; 01-30-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Would you accept $13 million + a guaranteed world title shot, or would you accept $4 million to step-a-side?.... Lewis never fancied his chances against that version of Mike Tyson. So he waited another 6yrs unto he self-destructed more.
              Both Bowe & Tyson avoided him like the plague...

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                Really? Let's have a little look see shall we?

First point that corrected your nonsense on Lewis:

Associated Press:

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Ty...0eb0abc5fe9841

L.A Times:

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-05-...n-fights-lewis

Las Vegas Sun:

http://lasvegassun.com/news/1996/sep...acating-crown/

New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/05/14/sp...yson-bout.html

Chicago Tribune:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...n-lewis-claims

Second point that corrected your nonsense on Hatton:

The Sweet Science:

http://www.thesweetscience.com/colum...t-kostya-tszyu

The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...-Pacquiao.html

The Ring:

http://******.craveonline.com/news/3...10-years-later (ring tv)

So that begs a question. Can you back up any of the statements that you're making?. . .

. . . No need to answer. The question's rhetorical.
                This is exactly how it went.

Comment

I never clicked a link... i can put a thousand of those up which all claim different.. I was alive and walking around at the times, i was glued to the sport, i know exactly how it all unfolded.
                  Maybe you should click the links as I was around too at the time... your 13.5 million was not true as Don King says this in the links if you look. The real reason he said the fights didn't happen was because Lewis was with HBO. He also said that is why a Bowe fight never happened as well...

Comment

[QUOTE=joe strong;16426662]
                    Would you accept $13 million + a guaranteed world title shot, or would you accept $4 million to step-a-side?.... Lewis never fancied his chances against that version of Mike Tyson. So he waited another 6yrs unto he self-destructed more.[/QUOTE Lewis sued Tyson to block him from defending against Seldon. So they paid him 4 million to step aside promising he was next. He then vacated the belt. doing exactly what wilder may to to avoid povetkin. Where is this 13 million coming from? I have followed lewis & Tyson from the beginning & I have all their fights. I don't remember any 13 million offer. What I do remember is Tyson having 2 wars with Ruddock & Lewis crushing Ruddock to get in the mandatory position.
                    To be fair Tyson vacated the belt to take part in a fight people had wanted to see for 7 odd years and which would at the time be on of the highest grossing fight of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      Both Bowe & Tyson avoided him like the plague...
                      BOXING MONTHLY June 1996 reports a $10 milliomn offer before the Mercer-Lewis fight and says :

"Tyson and King, have paid Lewis $4 million as a step-aside fee so that tyson can go ahead with his challenge to WBA champ Bruce Seldon at the MGM Grand, Las Vegas on 13 July. Much of that money may be used to cover the legal fees that Lewis's handlers in Britain, Panix Promotions, and the USA, Main events, have spent fighting his case in U.S. courts.

Lewis prefers to look upon the huge step-aside fee as a sign that Tyson is scared of him. "If Tyson is so confident, why will he pay not to fight me ?" he asks.

The counter-question could be asked that if Lewis was so confident, why did he turn down $10 million, the highest purse of Lewis's career, for a fight with Tyson, an offer made prior to the Mercer fight ?

Comment

Working...
                      X