Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxrec rank Provodnikov 12th @147 - 6 places ahead of Malignaggi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea wtf their rankings are based off of. I assume it's off of wins and points because Van Heerden is in the top 10

Comment

lol how are thurman and berto so high and Ortiz is in the 20's

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        ortiz lost his last 2. he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          I have no idea wtf their rankings are based off of. I assume it's off of wins and points because Van Heerden is in the top 10
          Van Heerden beat Matthew Hatton. Just like with Canelo it's one of those torch passing fights, like when Oscar lost to Floyd and Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            Because Josesito had a low rank I guess, losing to low rated fighters seems to have a big effect. Bradley's ranking would have plummeted if he'd lost last night.

Comment

dunno how ortiz is ranked at 21 (way too low), vargas is too high, maidana too low, and who the hell is chris van heereden?

Comment

thats stupid, ruslan is a little better than Aydin, slow and limited skills but a heavy puncher. Paulie is better than ruslan but hell always have a punchers chance

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
                  dunno how ortiz is ranked at 21 (way too low), vargas is too high, maidana too low, and who the hell is chris van heereden?
                  Only the guy that beat Matthew Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    I don't know if that's really fair. I don't pretend to fully understand their points system, but it seems like there's a lot of 'common sense' built into it - http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Bo...gs_Description
                    Maybe so, but it usually fails the common sense test, in practice. And that one is the most important. But it's valuable for ballpark rankings outside any div top 20. Like when you're tracking a prospect, is he ready for a top 100 guy etc.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      Maybe so, but it usually fails the common sense test, in practice. And that one is the most important. But it's valuable for ballpark rankings outside any div top 20. Like when you're tracking a prospect, is he ready for a top 100 guy etc.
                      It does at times alright. But I guess it's extremely difficult to create a reliable system of this nature for a sport like boxing. It's all very subjective.

Comment

Working...
                      X