Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So....Why is Morales fighting this Garcia guy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
    Danny Garcia is my current favorite PR fighter, and actually his fight with Holt on the Dawson-Hopkins PPV alongside Linares-DeMarco, was the fight that saved the PPV from being a 100% total disappointment.
    the two reasons why i bought the fight. didn't really care much for the main event or paulie.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
      I think at this point Marquez's 38-39 year old body is in much better shape than Morales 33-34 year old body. Morales looks really soft. And when I mean shape, I don't mean appearance, I mean fighting shape. But also now that I mention it, Marquez looks to be in better shape as well, the weight added did not make his body look soft like Morales. But Morales never really looked ripped to begin with, but he looks even softer now.

I would say Marquez is the one who's actually 33 while Morales is 38.

agreed. both are faded. morales has far more milage, had the layoff, is not on a great run, etc.

however, the style of fight that marquez will look to create will be something that morales can sustain

both are faded technicians. he'll have a much easier time with marquez than he will against a bigger and faster jr WW or WW who is young

Comment

would morales beating garcia in a way legitimize his 140 title?

Comment

I think GBP wants to feed Morales to their young fighter to make him a household name.

Comment

who do they got as the underdog in this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
              would morales beating garcia in a way legitimize his 140 title?
              Most definitely, Garcia is a SOLID fighter. I was impressed with the way he avoided Holt's power and outboxed him.

Morales will pose a different threat to him though, he's so experienced and will land that right hand that he fires so sneakily.

I can't wait to see this fight and that card.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                Doesn't make sense. Are they trying to get rid of Morales?
                Morales is a live underdog. I don't think he is that easy to get rid off.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  I think GBP wants to feed Morales to their young fighter to make him a household name.
                  Looks like it, which is ****ed up imo.

Comment

Originally posted by borikua View Post
                    Looks like it, which is ****ed up imo.
                    Saves $$$$. The fight promotes itself with a brand, even a possibly tarnished one.

Comment

danny is a good counter puncher.He should beat morales.

Comment

Working...
                      X