Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd has a choice rematch Pac for 3x the money than fighting lesser match for 1/3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd has a choice rematch Pac for 3x the money than fighting lesser match for 1/3

It's a no brainer. We know he doesn't have the balls to fight GGG, and even if he did he would get less money than fighting a Pacquiao rematch.

Now If it's the Danny Garcia's of the world he'll get less fight purse of course. He is called Money May right? He said 9 digits to get him to fight again? Well Floyd you can get 3x that if you choose Pac for 50.

Isn't this too clear already who he should face? There was so much foul play and questions unanswered on the first fight with Pac. IV scandal, torn rotator, rigged judges, paid ref. etc..

Nothing was concluded that night. And both Pac and Floyd does better on a rematch. Even half of what they earned from the first fight is still bigger than any fight they can make.

# if Floyd chooses anything lesser than GGG and Pac. This is already an obvious duck move again.
    Last edited by Spoon23; 05-04-2016, 11:19 PM.

Mayweather needs to fight thrice to make half of Pacquiao revenue
    By Leo Reyes

No fighter out there can give him a big payday like Pac does. If he ducks this, it's obvious it is out of fear again.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/sports...article/464446

If Floyd Mayweather is indeed coming out of retirement to pursue his stalled boxing career and to replenish his dwindling purse, he needs to fight at least three times to make at least 50 percent of 4.6 million buys he and Manny Pacquiao made last year.

Mayweather, who announced his retirement from boxing right after his fight against Andre Berto last Sept. 12, hinted Saturday at the DC Armory where he appeared as promoter of a weekend event featuring Badou Jack and Lucian Bute that he may consider a comeback after staying retired for a year.

"Everyone is asking me, 'Is Floyd Mayweather coming back?' Right now, I'm happy being on this side (promoting), but I've been talking with CBS and Showtime, and you just never know. But right now, I'm just happy on this side," Mayweather said.

Mayweather also mentioned that CBS/Showtime has been dangling a nine-figure purse that is up for grabs in possible comeback fights.
    It may be recalled that Mayweather had signed a $200 million six-fight, 30 month contract with CBS/Showtime in 2013. Apparently it is a similar deal but with bigger monetary considerations depending on the lifetime of the new deal.

"As of right now, some crazy numbers have been thrown my way -- upwards, of course, nine figures,” Mayweather said.
    “But I'm truly blessed beyond belief, and I really don't know what we're going to do. But right now, I'm really happy being on this side helping fighters," he added.

Mayweather's disclosure immediately becomes a hot topic of the day with sportswriters speculating on his next probable opponents.
    Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum said it is obvious Mayweather is coming back and if he picks Pacquiao, there is a likelihood the fight will make at least 50 percent of the 4.6 million PPV buys which they did last year.

"Obviously, he's coming back," Arum said of Mayweather. "And I can't see him making the kind of money he's talking about with anybody other than Manny."

Comment

If he does come back I think Pacquiao is his best choice. It's the biggest money fight and would probably be a fight he would win. Mayweather is too smart to fight GGG who would knock him out in my opinion. He would make big money and break Marciano's record by fighting Garcia but I think it would be a cherry pick. Mayweather would probably be at least a 10 to 1 betting favorite. There is Brook, and the Thurman-Porter winner who would be more of a challenge. Mayweather always has the option to keep his word and stay retired. That way he can't lose and his impressive record stays perfect.

Comment

Floyd doesn't need to fight GGG. That's ridiculous man. I want the PAC rematch. I think Floyd won but it wasn't a schooling plus PAC landed the bigger shots. I think floydie beats him again but I'm up for a rematch.
        I think Floyd fights 2-3 more times. Fist fight will be a joke fight where his fans will give him a pass because he is "coming off retirement"
        I want to see him fight Garcia then end with Crawford or make Mikey Garcia go up

Comment

Floyd and Manny two of the greatest fighters of all time! Who wouldn't want to see that again? I would pay 200$ on PPV to see that again.

Comment

Just stay retired, the quicker this sport can forget about Mr. A-Side the better.

Comment

Floyd and Manny two of the greatest fighters of all time! Who wouldn't want to see that again? I would pay 200$ on PPV to see that again.
              I don't want to see it again. Although I enjoyed the first fight, I wouldn't pay to see the same outcome twice. The only possibility for me would be if the undercard was supremely stacked.

Knowing how greedy Mayweather Jr. and Arum are I doubt that would happen.....

Comment

Some of these guys are so deluded they actually think Manny will get to dictate the terms for a potential rematch...

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Just stay retired, the quicker this sport can forget about Mr. A-Side the better.
                  Pt hat A side stuff really stunk things up! If they fight again they do. I believe Floyd wins more easily and Pact@rds still won't accept PAC losing! It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Pt hat A side stuff really stunk things up! If they fight again they do. I believe Floyd wins more easily and Pact@rds still won't accept PAC losing! It is what it is.
                    If they were to fight again we would be all over the Pact@rds like a rash , I would make so many bets with the fools that they will be gone for good when Manny loses another wide UD .

Manny never will beat Floyd , never could never will no way no how , engrave it in stone .

Comment

Working...
                    X