Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why will Andre Ward not fight outside the USA and why will he not do PED testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why will Andre Ward not fight outside the USA and why will he not do PED testing?

Why did he refuse to fight outside his home country during the Super Six? And why will he not leave the USA now?

He fought both Kessler and Abraham in California during the Super Six. Had he fought either in Germany, he would have had to comply with OST, which is required by Sauerland's contract with ARD TV. Ward also refused PED testing for the fight with Rodriguez.

Andre Ward could have made more money fighting Froch in the UK on a PPV than he'll make in Oakland. Instead he just remains inactive, too afraid to take a risk of losing his "0" if he doesn't have a home referee who permits him to foul.

I remember in Ward's fight with Bika, the California referee admonished Bika for every infraction, but said nothing to Ward about headbutting and hitting off the break. It was a close fight, Bika might have won with a fair referee.

And referee Jack Reiss was a disgrace in the Kessler-Ward fight. I remember Al Bernstein's words "Let's be honest here, Andre Ward came in like a billy goat!" after Ward's fight-ending headbutt. Ward should have been disqualified for deliberately injuring Kessler, but Jack Reiss called it "accidental".

I like Ward but I cant really defend this at all. Its embarrassing that he'll not only not leave the states, but wont leave California! Hopefully he can use this downtime to get his passport sorted.

Comment

stop just stop guys....have some respect

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        I like Ward but I cant really defend this at all. Its embarrassing that he'll not only not leave the states, but wont leave California! Hopefully he can use this downtime to get his passport sorted.
        Obviously he feels more secure with home officiating.

But I wonder if it also has to do with PED testing if he fights outside the USA?

Comment

Ward is down these days... I never hit fallen guys.

Comment

Ward just a great talent wasting away

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
              Why did he refuse to fight outside his home country during the Super Six? And why will he not leave the USA now?

He fought both Kessler and Abraham in California during the Super Six. Had he fought either in Germany, he would have had to comply with OST, which is required by Sauerland's contract with ARD TV. Ward also refused PED testing for the fight with Rodriguez.

Andre Ward could have made more money fighting Froch in the UK on a PPV than he'll make in Oakland. Instead he just remains inactive, too afraid to take a risk of losing his "0" if he doesn't have a home referee who permits him to foul.

I remember in Ward's fight with Bika, the California referee admonished Bika for every infraction, but said nothing to Ward about headbutting and hitting off the break. It was a close fight, Bika might have won with a fair referee.

And referee Jack Reiss was a disgrace in the Kessler-Ward fight. I remember Al Bernstein's words "Let's be honest here, Andre Ward came in like a billy goat!" after Ward's fight-ending headbutt. Ward should have been disqualified for deliberately injuring Kessler, but Jack Reiss called it "accidental".
              Excellent post. The Kessler fight still makes me mad to this day; Ward should have been DQ'd

Comment

At least Ward doesn't have to resort to using plaster to make himself relevant.

Comment

Ward won one fight in the super six and then made a mockery of it refusing to travel like every other fighter did. He's still on that Cali **** too. Well, **** him then! If wants it with Froch again, he needs to go to England.

Comment

Why? Well, logically we have to ask who's decision it was to keep Ward fighting in Oakland. His, his promoter, the network he was fighting on or some combination of the three. Ward, unlike the vast majority of US based fighters can pack his local arena. He's an attraction there and it seems obvious that that may be something the business interests involved might have been trying to capitalize on and grow. Ward's drawing power anywhere but in his hometown is clearly dubious. Why has Cotto fought so many times as MSG? Why did Gatti fight so many times at Boardwalk Hall? I think we know the answer to those questions.

Comment

Working...
                    X