No announcement yet.

WBC President Jose Sulaiman gets destroyed on radio show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    did you catch the last interview they did with him? it literally sounded like two spoiled 16 year olds with access to the leader of the WBC. he hung up on them.
    i cant listen to **** like that.

do you ever follow him on twitter?

i have not yet heard the posted interview and am listening to it now.

at any rate, he's hardly a professional. boxing writers are largely unpaid and untrained. real journalists are a dying breed. they used to be among the best writers in sport. i dont htink montoya even went to college.
    No, I actually never heard of the guy. Boxingscene is the only site I come to for boxing news. Maybe you're right but just going off this interview, he was doing fine.

You're certainly right about journalists dying. Especially in boxing since it isn't that big anymore in the states. Hell, even sports anchors suck now.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      Montoya writes for maxboxing, that is what I call a boxing writer. http://www.maxboxing.com/by-gabriel-montoya?Preview=1

i know montoya and others who write for maxboxing

they dont really even get paid.

they get a tiny salary and they're responsible for their own expenses (which, if they cover many fights and travel, far exceed their earnings.)

boxing writer in 2012?
      sure
      hardly saying much.

journalist?
      professional?

no way.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Yea I heard this interview,it was funny as hell,Jose was exposed badly and hung the phone up...Great interview imo,and I was happy they really ask questions that fans would have ask...
        that was the first interview with him a few weeks ago in which Sulaiman hung up the phone. This time Sulaiman asked to be interviewed (again) so this is not the same interview, this is new and happened yesterday. this time Duenez hung up the phone...

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Honestly, I am so irritated with Sulaiman and always have been.

He is incredibly biased. I just dont feel the president of a sanctioning body should be that way, at least in his official capacity.

The problem with him is that he blends his personal bias with his official role.

That really pisses me off.

agreed. he's no angel. i'm not a fan of any of the sanctioning bodies

but that's the leader of the WBC they are talking to
          an important man who is taking time out of his day to talk to these guys and they're insulting him.

i dont care if he's killing babies, if you want to be a journalist and objective you do not judge.

Comment

did you catch the last interview they did with him? it literally sounded like two spoiled 16 year olds with access to the leader of the WBC. he hung up on them.
            i cant listen to **** like that.

do you ever follow him on twitter?

i have not yet heard the posted interview and am listening to it now.

at any rate, he's hardly a professional. boxing writers are largely unpaid and untrained. real journalists are a dying breed. they used to be among the best writers in sport. i dont htink montoya even went to college.
            you probably hate Montoya for another reason? I heard the first interview they did with Sulaiman also and it was very professional. The only problem was that Sulaiman cant take the truth thats why he didnt answer the questions really, then he hung up. And no, the interviewers didnt sound like 2 16 year old, they did it very professional. But its true Montoya didnt go to college, I remember him saying once on the radio show he didnt even finish high school, but to be honest, as a boxing writer and radio host, he is pretty damn good and so is Duenez

Comment

an important man who is taking time out of his day to talk to these guys and they're insulting him.

i dont care if he's killing babies, if you want to be a journalist and objective you do not judge.
              I don't see how they insulted him. They asked him questions that people want to know. Suliman said we shouldn't judge JCC jr off his fathers career, fine but why did he get a shot at a belt when he wasn't fighting top competition then? If we're not judging him off his dad and giving him special rewards because of his dad is, why is he fighting for a belt when he came off of 3 straight fights against non top 10 fighters? I don't see how this is insulting and tbh Suliman admiting his bias towards JCC jr, he doesn't deserve that much respect because he's on the same level as a fan boy.......a powerful fan boy.

Comment

how are they insulting Sulaiman??? They are only asking questions that needed to be asked and this liar and corrupt man couldnt answer them cause lies and the truth dont go together. I think you are just a Chavez Jr. fanboy thats why you pretend to not see the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
                  how are they insulting Sulaiman??? They are only asking questions that needed to be asked and this liar and corrupt man couldnt answer them cause lies and the truth dont go together. I think you are just a Chavez Jr. fanboy thats why you pretend to not see the truth.

are you serious?

Comment

are you serious?
                    for whatever reason you refuse to see the truth. Whether you hate Montoya or love Chavez Jr doesnt matter to me.

Comment

The WBC is corrupt even worse than others now.

Mayweather goes prison and he defends him.

Bradley has a time out due to problems and he is stripped?

All about the money.

Comment

Working...
                      X