Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Hopkins never rematch trinidad-The Flag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why rematch when hopkins destroyed him? Maybe hopkins should rematch kelly pavlik too while we're at it.

And the flag thing was genius. Every Puerto Rican and their mama ordered the PPV to see Hopkins get his ass kicked...only that didn't happen of course. Hopkins trolled your entire island and walked away with bags full of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
      Bernard is from the streets of Philly and spent 10 years in the pen. He didn't give a fuk then and doesn't give a fuk now. He "apologized" for PR reasons.

Hopkins isn't scared of anyone.
      I'm sure his internal fortitude wavered when that crowd wanted to tear him apart.

Comment

There was no need for a rematch to this fight.

Comment

He should apologize for all the head butting instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Anto View Post
            The Flag is a symbol of every country, you see people cry when they see their flag in the olimpics, they are proud they represent their country with pride. we admire those that do that, regardless of race, color or religion. but when you pay no respect to a country, that show you that your values are very low. That's what Bernard did in Puerto Rico years back and that is in the mind not only in all puerto Ricans but those who knows that what he did was extremly wrong. because he feel his shame no matter how much he try to hide it, he never rematch trinidad. i never watch a Bernard Hopkins fight and many that i know that are NOT puerto Rican, i do not want to mention the names people call Bernard every time he speaks.
            I'm Puertorican from PR born raised till my teens I honestly believe it left a dent in our hearts but we forgave B-hop...The reason I say that is because he was not murdered when he flew back plain and simple. Trinidad had a lot to do with the fact that Hopkins apology was accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              Bernard is from the streets of Philly and spent 10 years in the pen. He didn't give a fuk then and doesn't give a fuk now. He "apologized" for PR reasons.

Hopkins isn't scared of anyone.
              I feel you!!

Comment

Thats one of the reasons I like bhop. I dont always like what he says, but that flag **** served its purpose. Puero Ricans need to lighten up anyway. They are a territory of the US, so they should get used to our flag. Hispanics seem to have this flag hysteria nonsense. They are so lazy they want credit for something they didnt have to earn, their nationality. I guess when you have a job cleaning ****houses or mopping, your flag means alot because the rest of your life sucks. Listen, I love our flag, but I dont need to drape it over the hood of my car or anything. Not because I dont love it, but just because I dont need to do that to show that I love it. That and it would make my car look ****ty and mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                  Thats one of the reasons I like bhop. I dont always like what he says, but that flag **** served its purpose. Puero Ricans need to lighten up anyway. They are a territory of the US, so they should get used to our flag. Hispanics seem to have this flag hysteria nonsense. They are so lazy they want credit for something they didnt have to earn, their nationality. I guess when you have a job cleaning ****houses or mopping, your flag means alot because the rest of your life sucks. Listen, I love our flag, but I dont need to drape it over the hood of my car or anything. Not because I dont love it, but just because I dont need to do that to show that I love it. That and it would make my car look ****ty and mexican.
                  You're pretty dispicable.

Comment

Originally posted by fishman View Post
                    Nice projecting

Comment

Originally posted by Pacroid View Post
                      He should apologize for all the head butting instead.

As for the rematch never happening, it was never necessary. Trinidad was a "fight every three years" fighter after Hopkins got done with him so there was no demand for it. There was some talk in 2008 of it maybe happening, but thank god Jones beat Trinidad instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X