No announcement yet.

Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News! Cotto's strap up for grabs by Manny Pacquiao

Francisco “Paco” Valcarcel, lawyer and president of the World Boxing Organization, is not tone deaf.

Valcarcel has heard the cry from the millions of Manny Pacquiao fans and those who devoutly follow the fistic fortunes of Boricua Bomber Miguel Angel Cotto.

As I reported, Cotto has thought he could hold the WBO welterweight title hostage and use it as a blackjack on the head of the Pacquiao-Cotto Nov. 14 promoter Bob Arum.

I caught up with Valcarcel as he was going through airport security somewhere and we had a brief conversation Friday afternoon.

Whatever happens in Cotto’s money play with Top Rank’s top dog, Valcarcel said that Pacquiao fans, Cotto fans and fight fans in general can relax.

“I know that Manny is looking to make boxing history. I can appreciate that as he goes after the very tough Cotto for a seventh weight division world title,” Valcarcel said.

“You can tell all the people right now, the WBO title will be on the line. You’ve got a highly respected champion fighting the Number One contender. It would be ridiculous for this not to be for the title.

“No matter what happens, I assure you that this will be a WBO welterweight title fight. End of story.”

Yes, you can say, well Paco is a boxing politician. That much is true.

But, unlike many politicians, he has his finger on the pulse of the people.

Good call, El Presidente

http://www.examiner.com/x-5699-NY-Bo...Manny-Pacquiao

Good news, I can't wait to see the PACMAN make history and earn a well deserved high spot in the ATG/HOF list

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
      Good news, I can't wait to see the PACMAN make history and earn a well deserved high spot in the ATG/HOF list
      thats the wbo president itself bro. so expect nothing less
      Last edited by JM1; 07-25-2009, 02:58 AM.

Comment

You idiot thia ha been posted like a Million times.

The Title wont be at stake. Thats a stipulation on the contract.

The WBO can beg and cry but the title wont be on the line.

Comment

Even if the title were to be at stake. Cotto deserves more money then. Just my 2c.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post

they can put it up in line and if miguel doesn't pay the sanctioning fees he can't win it/retain it.

hell , all they want is the money.

they can strip miguel of it , put it up in line as a vacant belt and if the winner pays the sanctioning fees he can win it.

hell the ibf can do that.

top rank and hbo wants to bill this fight as a title fight for promotional purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
              i can't wait to see him on the ground gasping for air after his ribcage gets pummeled

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post

wow youre one hell of a classless troll huh? i also suggest you practice typing. its good for you
                Last edited by JM1; 07-25-2009, 03:01 AM.

Comment

No title unless Pac wants to fight at the real weight.

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                    i can't wait to see him on the ground gasping for air after his ribcage gets pummeled
                    then you wake up and realize it was all a dream

This fight is, mark my words and bump this after. EASY for Pacman...

Comment

Working...
                    X