Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should judges be allowed to score rounds even?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should judges be allowed to score rounds even?

What if there is no clear winner in a round. Why do you have to declare one? Why can't you just 10-10 it or even 9-9.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
    What if there is no clear winner in a round. Why do you have to declare one? Why can't you just 10-10 it or even 9-9.

Thoughts?
    Wouldn't this more than likely result in more draws?

Comment

yea if there is very little activity

Comment

no. i think we should just have 13 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          no. i think we should just have 13 rounds.
          good idea.....
          Last edited by jas; 12-16-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post

Thoughts?
            I agree with you in principle, but in practice people don't like seeing even rounds scored and it makes judging the end result of a fight more confusing. If a fight is 116-112 then at a glance you know that the winner won 8 rounds to the loser's 4. If the fight is say 116-114 then some of the clarity in the final score is lost.

I think the only time a 10-10 score is warranted is if absolutely nothing happened in a round. If there's action then there should be enough to score for one guy or the other, but if nothing happens then nobody really deserves the round.

Comment

It's more of an American thing to never score even rounds isn't it? The argument being that a competent judge should always be able to find a winner over three minutes of action.

I think drawn rounds are appropriate. There should be some distinction between toss-up rounds and rounds where there's a clear winner. Some judges will use them as a cop-out, but it's not like judges don't cop-out of tough calls anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                It's more of an American thing to never score even rounds isn't it? The argument being that a competent judge should always be able to find a winner over three minutes of action.

I think drawn rounds are appropriate. There should be some distinction between toss-up rounds and rounds where there's a clear winner. Some judges will use them as a cop-out, but it's not like judges don't cop-out of tough calls anyway.
                Maybe it is an American thing, because I hate even rounds. Like, really hate them.

Comment

Even rounds have no place in professional boxing.

Comment

Even rounds are for indecisive puzzies.

Comment

Working...
                    X