No announcement yet.

Angel Garcia...trainer of the year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
    His pre-fight loudmouth nonsense made the Judah fight much harder on his son, and then he was being outboxed on Sept 14th until Matthysse's unfortunate eye-swelling. There was no magic stardust from racist Angel.

Stevenson's trainer Javan Steward or Kovalev's trainer David John Jackson deserve it more. They dominated and KO'd world champions.
    At no point in the matthysse fight was Danny being 'outboxed'.

What about the slap in the face? That was quality. Besides, the trainer does most of the work in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Hahaha

I don't get why this guy gets so much hate. He loves his son and tells it like it is.

I think he's cute.
      He's Box Office.

He's the most entertaining man in the sport and possibly the planet.

The Boxing world needs a Villian, they have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
        Good points, but I attribute floyd recent success as a testament to his greatness. Without angels motivating idk if he gets past Lucas, even tho is chin is crazy
        To me it's unfair to handicap a trainer because his fighter is so good. Senior taught Floyd his style from a young age, and Roger took over, but they taught him.

Comment

my dog got my vote. in angel we trust.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            At no point in the matthysse fight was Danny being 'outboxed'.
            We disagree on that.

What about the slap in the face? That was quality. Besides, the trainer does most of the work in the gym.
            I'll give him that, but what about the other trainers?

All the Sr. and Angel focus is lop-sided due to the media focus on the 140-154 divisions. Mayweather was favourite for both of his bouts, Garcia for one of his (and he only fought twice).

The likes of Kovalev and Stevenson are stopping world champs without dropping a round fighting 3 or 4 times this year away from home (for SK) yet their trainers won't get mentioned in most of the discussions. It's a glorified popularity contest.

Comment

F that he got my vote. I'd day the baddest duo actively, made Morales do the 360 merengue dip under the ropes, made khan do the stanky rubber neck and made Lucas into a nice humble fella. Yup (thumbs up) got mine.

Badder then the breaking bad duo.

Comment

Originally posted by BeGoodToMother View Post
                To me it's unfair to handicap a trainer because his fighter is so good. Senior taught Floyd his style from a young age, and Roger took over, but they taught him.

Yeah it isn't fair lol but it is what it is. Sr did teach floyd all he knows but he was still killing it with roger. Idk bout you but I expected floyd to do what he did against canelo+ guerrero. I feel he still would have won convincingly without sr. For me , idk where to draw the line with Floyd's skill level and sr's impact this past year. But it's obvious to me at least that angel had a better impact toward his fighter in his respective fight. But I mean I could see how people would give sr trainer of the year, so I wouldn't mind if he won

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  He's Box Office.

He's the most entertaining man in the sport and possibly the planet.

The Boxing world needs a Villian, they have one.

I agree with this. There polar opposite it's odd the way father/son have there chemistry but it's absolutely working. Angel pops some hyper pills during fight week and all of the sudden he's ****in normal after the fight, the guy puzzles me lmao a G at heart.

Comment

freddie roach is doing ok with cotto and provodnikov

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He should get Trainer of the Year and Human Being of the year.
                      What other trainer has legions of fans waiting for his next prophecy to be revealed?

Comment

Working...
                      X