Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Quintana vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like people are still unsure of the winner.

I'm still riding with Quintana.

Comment

At this stage I would say Quintana but I think we need to see more of Chavez to really determine what type of fighter he can become.

He's been with Roach for 5 weeks and we see a different fighter. Imagine what he will be like in a year with Roach. Roach himself said there is so much he hasn't learned and has yet to catch up on.

If you think about it, Chavez doesn't use his size to beat fighters, he still reverts to the same things he used early in his career. He has a lot more potential than people give him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        At this stage I would say Quintana but I think we need to see more of Chavez to really determine what type of fighter he can become.

He's been with Roach for 5 weeks and we see a different fighter. Imagine what he will be like in a year with Roach. Roach himself said there is so much he hasn't learned and has yet to catch up on.

If you think about it, Chavez doesn't use his size to beat fighters, he still reverts to the same things he used early in his career. He has a lot more potential than people give him credit for.
        I don't think the kid can handle a decent boxer with movement.

But who knows? Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Comment

Quintana isnt promoted by Top Rank.

So there is no chance of the fight happening.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
            I don't think the kid can handle a decent boxer with movement.

But who knows? Maybe he'll prove me wrong.
            That's my point though, I think most thought Duddy would KO this kid, now that he beat down Duddy, Duddy was a joke.

It's a no win for this kid IMO. Being the son of a legend isn't good for you, IMO it's a major draw back.

I think he's still young, can still learn and hasn't yet grown into his adult body yet.

If he uses his length, develops a world class jab, that can neutralize any movement or speed disadvantage he may have. Being with Roach is perfect for this kid.

Comment

I think we got Quitania by MD so far.

I think we need a few more votes to gauge the site.

If people are unsure about him against Carlos does he really belong in the same ring as Cotto or any other good JMW?

Comment

quintana is better at 154 then 147 at this point in his career. he looked bad in the berto fight but andre was 2 fast 4 him. i think indio could def outpoint jr. he wont stand there and get hit with right hands like duddy did. people called duddy a warrior, i called him a ****ing bum!!! not cause he lost but because he couldnt block that right hand. its was almost laughable. my nephew would have got the clue 2 blocked them ****s after getting with 2-3 of them. it was the 12th round duddy is still standing there like a tree gettin hit with right hands. what a shame.

Comment

Good test for Junior, but at this point I think Quintana may be damaged goods. He's suffered three brutal KO losses.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                    quintana is better at 154 then 147 at this point in his career. he looked bad in the berto fight but andre was 2 fast 4 him. i think indio could def outpoint jr. he wont stand there and get hit with right hands like duddy did. people called duddy a warrior, i called him a ****ing bum!!! not cause he lost but because he couldnt block that right hand. its was almost laughable. my nephew would have got the clue 2 blocked them ****s after getting with 2-3 of them. it was the 12th round duddy is still standing there like a tree gettin hit with right hands. what a shame.
                    Gotta agree with this.

Though Quintana could be damaged.

Carlos has only been beaten by very good fighters.

He an excellent gatekeeper.

He may be to much for Jr. to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post
                      Gotta agree with this.

Though Quintana could be damaged.

Carlos has only been beaten by very good fighters.

He an excellent gatekeeper.

He may be to much for Jr. to handle.
                      yeah man, his loses have been 2 some good guys. cotto, williams and berto. not like its guys with 8,9 loses on their records. and in those fights he did good. he was boxing great vs cotto til the 5th round, he just fell apart and got ripped with that left hook 2 the body. he got up but he was done. williams ko'd him after he beat paul in a good fight. and now his last lost came berto. andre at 147 in this point in his life is a lot stronger then quintana at 147 at his age. plus the hand speed. he still managed 2 steal a few rounds vs berto.

Comment

Working...
                      X