No announcement yet.

Street Fighter 5 (PS4/PC) footage!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Never been that into Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat has always had my heart when it comes to fighting games.
    MKX this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Never been that into Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat has always had my heart when it comes to fighting games.
      was thinking the same ...I prefer the classic street fighter this is just a visual mess... all these blue lights and stuff..you cant even see Chung Lees spinning Bird kick proper she just turns into a blue ball of light,I personally think they've ruined it and they've only added thing like going into different scenarios during fight like going through walls and stuff which has been done since DOA4... nothing is more satisfying than a Fatality though... Mortal Kombat looks better and plays better IMO

Comment

Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition is the best SF in the series. But the good thing about the new ones besides the crazy graphics is that they made the characters close to equal. Any pros can choose a character beat any character at a high level. The old SF wasn't like that, you either choose Ryu or Ken and it's over at a high level.

Comment

How many characters? If it's 12 then piss off. I'll wait for super duper lame o extension brass platinum quality toilet cleaner detergent brand version edition.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
            How many characters? If it's 12 then piss off. I'll wait for super duper lame o extension brass platinum quality toilet cleaner detergent brand version edition.
            for real... there's like 5 versions of street fighter IV it's ******ed. marvel vs capcom did the same thing. it's a scam, they makin' you pay full price for DLC's.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
              No one?

I cant be the only SF addict here.
              I used to play with Sabin back in the day and got to meet and play Daigo back when I actually gave a damn about SF. SF4 timing is basically SF2. I still and will always think SF third strike is the greatest of the whole series. Give me Q and Dudley and let's go. Too bad I don't even own consoles anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I'm with you. I'm really surprised they're releasing this already. Didn't Ultra SF4 just come out last year?
                It DID. However, that's just an "all inclusive" SF4 package, meaning if you never played any of the SF4 versions, you get to play it in this newest version...literally. They'll tweak characters' frame data and properties...don't get me started. It's a steal at $40 for the content it has. All costumes, over 40 characters if I'm not mistaken, 2 ultras per character, huge online community, easy to get into, hard to master (clichéd, I know...but it's true). I could go on and on about how technical this fighting game is, and I don't even play it...I'm more into Tekken myself. The technique required to play SF at a high level astounds me. There's so many aspects to the game and things going on in the middle of the match that the average viewer do NOT pick up on.

Option selects
                Cross-ups
                One frame links
                Auto-corrects
                Priority linking
                Kara cancelling

It's just...dear Lord. That game is just oozing technique and hours of practice.

SF5, being a new entry in the series, will most likely ditch the "FOCUS ATTACK" mechanics and introduce something else to the table, while still retaining the trademark "Super bar" mechanic that we've all come to expect from the series. I'm not excited about it, but I'm sure I'll be checking out new videos as Capcom starts uploading more of the mechanics and whatnot.

Comment

Working...
                X