Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao: It's 80-20 That Mayweather Fight Will Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd-defenders are the best... That writer Mayo... is a notorious pro-Floyd writer from Michigan and now he's trying to save face for Floyd by bringing up 2016 as a better time to stage the fight..and one of the reasons is the outdoor stadium at the MGM:
    According to David Mayo, who writes for the Michigan-based MLive news site ***8212; which covers Grand Rapids native Mayweather closely ***8212; one other factor also points toward 2016 as the likely time frame for the long-awaited Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao superfight.

***8220;There also is a new 20,000-seat arena under construction on Las Vegas Boulevard, expected to be completed by early 2016,***8221; Mayo notes. ***8220;It long has been speculated that Mayweather-Pacquiao would be an ideal fit for the new venue, which would seat about 4,000 more for boxing than MGM Grand Garden Arena, where Mayweather has fought exclusively since 2007.***8221;

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1788958/rea...7RJj0lu3DOk.99

Catchweights: FIomos change of position after Floyd uses them

Drug-testing: FIomos go after Pac.. but then give Hopkins and Andre Ward a pass when he says "the contract is already signed doughhhhh" & Rios gets caught cheating, Floyd: "Everyone makes mistakes"

Division titles: FIomos play down titles... Titles don't mean sht... Floyd v. Cotto 2: FIomos: Floyd has a chance to make history and win his 6th division title..

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
      how did he eat crow. I think the point was that Top Rank agreed to all the demands made by team Mayweather. I worked with a boxing promoter for years, & I can tell you, that even in big fights, the actual written contracts are not always signed before a fight announcement is made. So long as both sides verbally agreed to all the points, there is a binding contract. More often than not, the written contract is just a formality
      He ate crow for simple fact can't saying its signed on there side and now they just waiting on mayweather to sign on dotted line he was duped by arum it happens saying we verbally agree to all points and saying signing contract is two different things

Comment

• Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
        He ate crow for simple fact can't saying its signed on there side and now they just waiting on mayweather to sign on dotted line he was duped by arum it happens saying we verbally agree to all points and saying signing contract is two different things
        he is not investigative..he's one sided...that will lead u to crow in the media game a lot..he knows "floyd is scared" get views...it could be factual evidence that bob said no and the first commetn would read "doesnt change the fact that floyd is scared of manny"...am i right or wrong..perception of floyd will always be negative..i think he's prepared for that tho and doesnt care much anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
          he is not investigative..he's one sided...that will lead u to crow in the media game a lot..he knows "floyd is scared" get views...it could be factual evidence that bob said no and the first commetn would read "doesnt change the fact that floyd is scared of manny"...am i right or wrong..perception of floyd will always be negative..i think he's prepared for that tho and doesnt care much anymore
          You know damn well Floyd is waiting until 2016 to fight Pacquiao when the MGM builds that outdoor stadium...

Stop acting like Floyd wants to fight Pac now..

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/inde...e_clock_f.html

Comment

you're right, but it's also semantics. So long as pac agreed to the demands, it really doesn't matter whether an actual written contract was signed. Like I said above, it's not really how business works in boxing. they'll start the promotion to get that going before even a written contract is signed, as long as the terms are agreed upon. If top rank did not agree to me with his demands, then you're right, it's BS. Otherwise, it's just semantics

Comment

• The time IS now. Pac has a new documentary out, judged a high profile beauty pageant, has 3 new wins under his belt and is a respected congressman. The stars are all aligned in Pac's favor. And that's precisely why FMJ will not go near him on May, 2.

Comment

Damn even with manny saying basically it's going happen and admitting blood testing was a issue and arum was a issue y'all still in denial lol I guess jesus himself gotta say it and even then y'all won't believe it
                He is not actuall saying that those were the issues (BLOOD TESTING AND ARUM) hes saying that Floyd said they were issue and now they arent so what is your excuse now? THE SPLIT to which Manny says hell take 40% and give Floyd 60% now what lets get it on!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                  You know damn well Floyd is waiting until 2016 to fight Pacquiao when the MGM builds that outdoor stadium...

You find one thing and continue to carry on with it that's all speculation also U saying that's floyd beat writer basically but he had never done a one on one sit down with the guy just because he from his home town don't make him his personal writer as U stated on a page couple pages back but I will agree more so I've read couple articles bout 2016 fight can definitely get made when sho contract is up but u can pretty much scrap outdoor stadium idea

Comment

• Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post

Floyd is just waiting for any new excuse he can grasp onto.
                    1 drug testing
                    2 I'm on vacation
                    3 purse split
                    4 pac has bradley and JMM problems
                    5 I can't work with Arum

And I'm sure there are more I'm. It thinking of at this instance

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                      1st page of 20 plus
                      30 plus Larry get it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X