No announcement yet.

Russian and Ukrainian amateur system.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian and Ukrainian amateur system.

Can anyone elaborate on them? The guys Im seeing are either relentless or have big power, that includes tonight and yesterday's fighters. What method is producing this?

They watch rocky iv a few times a week

Comment

They are fanatical about technique. Plus these guys are fighting every weekend as kids and teens, they all have several hundred fights by the time they go pro. Its just technique and experience.

Comment

Pumping out boxers like crazy. Team USA needs to step their game up

Comment

Originally posted by Last Round Baby View Post
          They are fanatical about technique. Plus these guys are fighting every weekend as kids and teens, they all have several hundred fights by the time they go pro. Its just technique and experience.
          Aside from power, their accuracy is unreal which is what I think makes their punches even more brutal. Seems like that is the main emphasis there.

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          Pumping out boxers like crazy. Team USA needs to step their game up
          Yeah it's been like a factory lately.

Comment

They have an excellent amateur program. Not always on the up and up about doping however.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Can anyone elaborate on them? The guys Im seeing are either relentless or have big power, that includes tonight and yesterday's fighters. What method is producing this?
              That region has always produced strong mfers so that part isn't surprising. But I think boxing has devolved a bit, fewer "boxers" around as that style gets **** on more (Sweet Pea Whitaker wouldn't be as popular imho if he was around today or get the fights he got back in the day, he'd be some higher level Erislandy Lara, Carlos Molina type cat who's overly avoided, that a whole other topic though) so guys with power & relentlessness can get further in the game then maybe they could in past eras. And that amateur program has just improved over the last several decades as Russians have been able to turn pro at all (I still remember Yuri Vaulin back in the 90's who was one of the first Russian pros) which is probably bringing talented coaches & bringing & keeping talented boxers to amateur clubs. I also wouldn't be shocked if there is some next level PEDs happening over there, but I'm pro PEDs so some might see that as a negative while I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                That region has always produced strong mfers so that part isn't surprising. But I think boxing has devolved a bit, fewer "boxers" around as that style gets **** on more (Sweet Pea Whitaker wouldn't be as popular imho if he was around today or get the fights he got back in the day, he'd be some higher level Erislandy Lara, Carlos Molina type cat who's overly avoided, that a whole other topic though) so guys with power & relentlessness can get further in the game then maybe they could in past eras. And that amateur program has just improved over the last several decades as Russians have been able to turn pro at all (I still remember Yuri Vaulin back in the 90's who was one of the first Russian pros) which is probably bringing talented coaches & bringing & keeping talented boxers to amateur clubs. I also wouldn't be shocked if there is some next level PEDs happening over there, but I'm pro PEDs so some might see that as a negative while I don't.
                haha@pro PED. Same here actually, I think most top athletes do it, so why pretend otherwise and ban it? I disagree regarding them not being as talented as guys before. I look at a guy like kovalev and he's the total package. Power, excellent technique, adapts. He's the best of the group and not entirely typical but in general I just find them to be the most impressive lately.

Comment

Originally posted by bowl View Post
                  They have an excellent amateur program. Not always on the up and up about doping however.
                  I would hate to see PED use being a major component of their success. If they can't compete clean then I don't want them in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    I would hate to see PED use being a major component of their success. If they can't compete clean then I don't want them in the sport.
                    name 5 ex soviet fighters that got caught on using peds. i'll wait.

vitali and.........?

work ethic. these dudes train like there's no tommorow.

if you wanna fix your dying american amateur boxing, start with the basics.
                    Last edited by Szef; 08-09-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X