Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about overly religious fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a believer myself in god i think fighters should praise the hard work they put in also faith is only a small part.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
      I tend to think post-fight interviewers hate it when fighters start with the God talk....

Still, my question is more about whether or not you think fighters who are overly religious somehow benefit from their strong faith and the idea that they're not alone in the ring. Understand? Or do you feel that their faith is of no actual consequence and possibly hinders them from smart judgment in a fight.
      im sure there could be a placebo affect fro some fighters, but i doubt it affects their in ring tactics.

funny how that works though. god is with you and protects you when you win.
      what about if you get the snot beat out of you and leave the ring on a stretcher? did god NOT protect you?

Comment

would you rather them thank satan??

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          I'm more annoyed by anti-religious bigots *****ing about someone who says a prayer before putting (potentially) his life on the line for our entertainment.
          Read the question carefully...

my question is more about whether or not you think fighters who are overly religious somehow benefit from their strong faith and the idea that they're not alone in the ring. Understand? Or do you feel that their faith is of no actual consequence and possibly hinders them from smart judgment in a fight.

By the way, i hardly doubt boxers fight merely for our entertainment. Money, fame, a successful career and the love of the actual sport play a much bigger part in why they do what they do in my opinion.

Comment

I think a fighter shows humility when he gives glory to God before themselves and I respect everybody's believe.
            Faith is powerful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post

How many times have we seen fighters before matches give prayer in their corner, bless themselves, kiss a rosary, etc? How many times have we seen fighters thank Jesus, Mohamed or God in general for that matter, when winning and sometimes, even when losing matches?

I guess my question is...

How do you feel about overly religious fighters? Do you feel their faith actually works in their favor and gives them courage, keeping them focused during difficult moments in the ring? Or do you feel it hinders them by providing a false sense of security, leaving them to rely on heart and not actual ring smarts?

Speak on it.
              i find it annoying as hell. it didnt use to be that way.

as if god or jesus or mohammad choses sides in football, basketball, or boxing or wars... etc. sheesh. idiots!

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                I'm more annoyed by anti-religious bigots *****ing about someone who says a prayer before putting (potentially) his life on the line for our entertainment.
                Quoted for truth

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                  im sure there could be a placebo affect fro some fighters, but i doubt it affects their in ring tactics.

funny how that works though. god is with you and protects you when you win.
                  what about if you get the snot beat out of you and leave the ring on a stretcher? did god NOT protect you?
                  I'm pretty sure Holyfield prayed equally as much when he lost a match and when he won a match...

Comment

Fine as long as they keep it to themselves or a short thing like " I just want to thank God" or something but, when they drag on about it, it get's rather annoying. Religion is your beliefs and no-one else needs to know about that but, you in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Don LarryX View Post
                      would you rather them thank satan??
                      I don't see the difference...

Comment

Working...
                      X