Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony should be arrested on rape charges for what they did to Microsoft today!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Who really can't afford the internet nowadays, though? I mean really? Hypothetically speaking, you can afford a $500 video game console and a game to play on it, but you can't afford a monthly internet bill?

Focusing on that point is losing sight of the real issue : DRM being the inevitable future of gaming, and Xbox One's potential for privacy invasion.
    It just seems a bit pervasive to demand owners to 'verify' their software every day. Just like everyone else, I don't feel like I should be required to check my games in every day, I've already potentially spent $50-$70 on the damn game and you're going to tell me I can't play it offline the next day if it didn't check in?? I'd feel like I don't absolutely own the damn copy of the game I just spent some sweet cash on.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
      It just seems a bit pervasive to demand owners to 'verify' their software every day. Just like everyone else, I don't feel like I should be required to check my games in every day, I've already potentially spent $50-$70 on the damn game and you're going to tell me I can't play it offline the next day if it didn't check in?? I'd feel like I don't absolutely own the damn copy of the game I just spent some sweet cash on.
      I completely agree, but as a current 360 owner, the checking in every day thing really isn't a problem whatsoever. As long as you have a decent internet connection and a wireless router, it automatically checks you in everytime you turn the console on. Anybody with an XBL membership won't have any problem with that whatsoever, and honestly, XBL membership is a huge selling point for Microsoft. Always has been.

The real issue here is DRM. Which will possibly exist on Sony's console, as well. Assuming a third party developer or publisher has the stones to actually push for it after witnessing the current backlash against MS for being the first console developer to openly embrace the technology.

I've got an entire thread on DRM being the inevitable future of gaming in the Arcade lounge, check it out if you want. I don't really feel like doing a copy/paste job right now, but the bottomline is that all consoles will embrace DRM in the future. MS is just taking heat for being the first to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer
        Quote:

Originally Posted by $Natedatpkid$

Agreed these mods are getting ridiculous with their power tripping.

Boxing Scene Lounge

You're totally right. It's such an abuse of power when I do as I was hired to do and move video game related threads to the lounge that was specifically created for video game conversation.

Arcade Lounge

"Talk about the arcade forums, share tips, etc. This will also be the place for new game announcements."

You should PM the admins, bro. Tell them what a **** job I'm doing over here by trying to ensure that threads are posted in their properly deignated forums.
        Calm yourself. I'm not a snitch. I don't really care it just seemed high and mighty of u to let reed post his stuff but threaten to delete everybody else's stuff.

I haven't had a video game console since I sold my PS3 for weed money to deal and smoke. Don't regret it at all so I'm the last person that's gonna get offended.

That was just a dumbass post and I'm gonna express my opinion like I'm allowed on a forum. Don't matter to me the mods have banned me once a month for "testing" anyway whatever that means so I don't care if your gonna cry about it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

But I will buy a PS4 because the new UFC/NBA/NFL games look sick and can't wait for the next boxing game. The only time I regret getting rid of my PS3 is when I played Fight Night Champion on my friend Xbox. that story mode was sick and so was the game play. Hopefully they keep progressing and I loved the selection of fighters.

They just need to get Mayweather on the game. So fans can beat the shieeet out of him for trolling us with fighting Devon Alexander tweets.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I completely agree, but as a current 360 owner, the checking in every day thing really isn't a problem whatsoever. As long as you have a decent internet connection and a wireless router, it automatically checks you in everytime you turn the console on. Anybody with an XBL membership won't have any problem with that whatsoever, and honestly, XBL membership is a huge selling point for Microsoft. Always has been.

The real issue here is DRM. Which will possibly exist on Sony's console, as well. Assuming a third party developer or publisher has the stones to actually push for it after witnessing the current backlash against MS for being the first console developer to openly embrace the technology.

I've got an entire thread on DRM being the inevitable future of gaming in the Arcade lounge, check it out if you want. I don't really feel like doing a copy/paste job right now, but the bottomline is that all consoles will embrace DRM in the future. MS is just taking heat for being the first to do so.
            I believe I read 1/3 of americans dont have high speed internet. Further if your internet connection goes down for more than a day, if you travel, etc, you cannot play single player games. This is completely unacceptable for a gaming console. DRM is hardly the only issue here. Additionally xbone is region locked so for example if you travel and do have internet access you may not be able to play the game at all or another scenario is if you live in Poland and import an xbone from the UK, sorry cant use it.

]

Last edited by ИATAS; 06-13-2013, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X