Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Resume - Miguel Cotto vs Winky Wright?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    If you're going to mention Margarito and Judah for Cotto, then mention Ike Quartey for Winky, who was a far better fighter than those versions of Margarito and Judah even at that time.

Also I thought Winky beat Vargas. So let's try this again.

Mosley 2x, Trinidad, Quartey, Vargas, Draw with Taylor, Solimon, McKart 3x.

I'd go with Winky Wright, he actually won most of his important fights when he had to. Could have had a better resume if he didn't turn down so many fights.
    so because you think he won the fight with Vargas he is automatically added? A green-ass Vargas gave Wright all he could handle and won in a lot of people's eyes (oh wait, he did)

Comment

resume is Cotto as far as wins

Winky of course would beat Cotto H2H in there primes.

and Harry Simon is the Ike of JMW in the 90's

Comment

Keep the votes coming!

Comment

Winky Wright.

Comment

Winky he was also more skilled just not as marketable for whatever reason

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
              Winky he was also more skilled just not as marketable for whatever reason
              He turned down an oscar fight.

Comment

I'd say cotto by a thin thin hair.

H2H I think its closer then a lot of people think. Cotto could make it a close split decision. Cotto was not as one dimensional as Trinidad.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                  I know everyone is busy arguing about Floyd right now but I have to ask before I forget.

Miguel Cotto - wins over Mosley, Margarito, Clottey, Judah, Quintana, Malignaggi, Torres

vs

Winky Wright - wins over Mosley 2X, Soliman, Trinidad, McKart, Mullings, Dodson, Quartey

Comment

Also Clottey = Ike Q imo

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

To begin with Winky Wright was one of the most avoided fighters of his time. It's a miracle he got the big fights that he did. Ridiculous question really. Cotto has been a branded star and has had choosing power of opponents throughout his career. Resume? Winky's wins over Trinidad and a far superior version of Mosley (to the one Cotto ultimately faced and some say lost to) shat all over Cotto's record. Alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X