No announcement yet.

WBC President Jose Sulaiman gets destroyed on radio show

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC President Jose Sulaiman gets destroyed on radio show

WBC President Sulaiman was guest on the "Leave-it-in-the-ring" boxing radio show yesterday and got badly exposed by the 2 radio hosts David Duenez and Gabriel Montoya. He basically admitted to be biased towards Chavez. He insulted the 2 (mexican-american) radio hosts and told them they are racist towards mexicans. Basically Sulaiman danced around the questions he was asked and was badly exposed and when he didn't know what to say anymore, he started to personally insult one of the radio hosts, and after that Duenez said "sorry, but I have to hang up on you, you are a terrible WBC president and I hope you can sleep at night with all the things you have done".
    Pretty brutal ending of the radio interview. He was asked about Chavez not being drug tested, how Chavez even got a totally undeserved title shot, why Canelo got a title shot at 154 against a 147 pound fighter (Matthew Hatton).
    Interview starts at 31 minute time mark and ends at time mark 69 minutes. All I can say is IT IS VERY ENTERTAINING: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/leave-i...of-boxing-talk
    Go to the link and click on play, wait til it has loaded the full interview, then go to time mark 31 minutes.
    (I tried to embed it but it didn't work, sorry)
    Last edited by Salardo; 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM.

Thanks for the link.

Listening now...

Wow! Bit surprised to hear Jose favouring Chavez Jr. Can't belived I just heard him say Chavez Jr will beat Martinez!

Comment

Somehow I feel the WBC, Top Rank and Chavez Jr's camp are waiting for Martinez to get old

Comment

it's really amazing what passes for a "journalist" these days

pretty sure gabe montoya is 40 lives with his parents

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Montoya writes for maxboxing, that is what I call a boxing writer. http://www.maxboxing.com/by-gabriel-montoya?Preview=1

Comment

I don't see what the problem is? Maybe you are talking about other things he's done because I saw nothing wrong with the interview. Both guys were pretty professional and asked good questions that Suliman had no answers for.

Comment

Yea I heard this interview,it was funny as hell,Jose was exposed badly and hung the phone up...Great interview imo,and I was happy they really ask questions that fans would have ask...

Comment

Honestly, I am so irritated with Sulaiman and always have been.

He is incredibly biased. I just dont feel the president of a sanctioning body should be that way, at least in his official capacity.

The problem with him is that he blends his personal bias with his official role.

That really pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I don't see what the problem is? Maybe you are talking about other things he's done because I saw nothing wrong with the interview. Both guys were pretty professional and asked good questions that Suliman had no answers for.

did you catch the last interview they did with him? it literally sounded like two spoiled 16 year olds with access to the leader of the WBC. he hung up on them.
                  i cant listen to **** like that.

do you ever follow him on twitter?

i have not yet heard the posted interview and am listening to it now.

at any rate, he's hardly a professional. boxing writers are largely unpaid and untrained. real journalists are a dying breed. they used to be among the best writers in sport. i dont htink montoya even went to college.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Honestly, I am so irritated with Sulaiman and always have been.

He is incredibly biased. I just dont feel the president of a sanctioning body should be that way, at least in his official capacity.

The problem with him is that he blends his personal bias with his official role.

That really pisses me off.
                    I have no idea idea why the two hosts were shocked that Sulaiman said those things about JCC jr. I guess they were just surprised that he said it in public. Nearly all the things Sulaiman says, when asked his opinion on screams bias towards Mexican born fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X