Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didn't Pacquiao follow Roach's instructions inbetween rounds??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
    You know what Rome? I like that fight. I'd rather Marquez fight Bradley than pac for a 4th time. I think its competitive and I think Marquez has a good chance of becoming a 4 weight world champion if it happens. Because of Bradley's lack of power I see it being very close only because Bradley can actually box.
    I love this fight..I think Bradley would win a hard fight,but Bradley is a thinking mans fighter(just look at that dome)he is gonna give JMM fits...Great fight hope to see it one day...

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
      I think you're the crybaby, just my opinion though lol
      Yeah join the crying for JMM fan club..

Comment

I think we all can agree this was not one Mannys best fights. He still got the win but come on there was so much hipe on manny knocking him out he was going to finish him early. That was not the case the fight was a close fight with a Verry controvercial End to the fight. If he would have just followed his corners instructions the outcome may have of been different. I also think he over trained for the figh.

Comment

I already made a thread last week pointing out the same thing Lorily has pointed out

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=521088

Comment

Originally posted by Mrkobra View Post
            Honestly this was pacmans mistake I do agree he could have give. Manquez a run for his money if he would have followed Freddy's instruction. But the question can only be awnserd by pacman him self. In my opinion manny has lost his will an hunger in boxing and he may thing he is better than his core er With Acting singing politics game show host. Come on manny stay with what you know and that's boxing. Also I think is pesonal life was a factor in the fight.
            I disagree, what does his "distractions" have to do with not being able to move to a particular direction. It's a simple f**kin' move.

If you look at the first 24 rounds of Dumbquiao against Juanita, he basically does the same exact thing, which is move in the wrong direction, that's why Juanita's lead rights have been highly effective. Was Dumbquiao distracted then ?

Hell, come to think of it, Dumbquiao's foot speed and erratic movment has been confusing everybody else that it really didn't matter which way he was moving, but against a calm, cool and collected boxing technician, like Juanita, he was able to spot those bad habits, and sharing the ring w/ the same fighter for 24 rounds has helped out as well, lol.
            Last edited by King of Sting; 11-20-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Great thoughts as usual Lorily. To be honest.. I have no idea why Pacquiao was not following one of the most basic things any boxer should know. He was walking right into Marquez shots.. Pacquiao made it much harder on himself, but I can't take any credit away from the way Marquez fought. Maybe Manny just isn't that intelligent of a fighter.. but to not be able to follow such simple/basic instructions? At the end of the day though, both these guys will always have close fights.. Their styles just seem to be perfect for each other for an even match up.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                He could he would have. I'm getting fed up of people saying things along those lines, Pacquiao looked different against Marquez because Marquez would take a step back or slip when Pacquiao landed the first shot, preventing the follow up combination.

In the early rounds Cotto planted his feet and tried trading with Pacquiao which allowed the former to circle him. If he'd take a step back, his angles would open up and it would be easier to view Pacquioa's movements.
                Exactly standing like a statue in front of Pac is a recipe for a loss. He didn't listen to Roach because it's always easy to say you should do something it's always harder to actually do it. Marquez didn't allow pac to get to his right end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                  Exactly standing like a statue in front of Pac is a recipe for a loss. He didn't listen to Roach because it's always easy to say you should do something it's always harder to actually do it. Marquez didn't allow pac to get to his right end of story.
                  Whether Juan allowed or not. One thing is clear, PAC simply made no real effort to combat it.

The very few moments that PAC moved to his right, Juanita himself instantaneously naturally reacted wrongly by moving to his right.

Comment

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
                    Whether Juan allowed or not. One thing is clear, PAC simply made no real effort to combat it.

The very few moments that PAC moved to his right, Juanita himself instantaneously naturally reacted wrongly by moving to his right.
                    He made an effort but it wasn't working he simply doesn't have the acumen to outbox JMM. Stop trying to take credit away from JMM he put on a great performance and schooled pac. This is what happens when you don't stand right in frond of pac, and try to block punches with "heart" lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                      He made an effort but it wasn't working he simply doesn't have the acumen to outbox JMM. Stop trying to take credit away from JMM he put on a great performance and schooled pac. This is what happens when you don't stand right in frond of pac, and try to block punches with "heart" lol.
                      Dude, he hardly made any effort. End of.

Dumbquiao will always have a difficult time against counter-punchers, but, fighting the way he does just makes it even more difficult against them. That's all.

Comment

Working...
                      X