Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now can people stop saying Floyd's picking on a smaller man?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    No. Could he be the bigger guy? Sure, is he bigger? No.

Ortiz is 5'8 with 70 wing span.

Mayweather is 5'9 with a 72 inch wing span.

Both weighed in at 146 for their last WW fight.

Hell Floyd weighed in 146 for a fight that he had to make 144 in. He couldn't make 144.

This doesn't show that he's "clearly" bigger.

Unless by "bigger" you mean fatter. Then OK he's clearly bigger.

Floyd can't make 140 anymore. Ortiz probably still can.

No he's not "clearly" bigger.
    **** numbers did you watch the press conferance? Ortiz is bigger and taller

Comment

Originally posted by PACATTACK View Post
      did you see the press-conference?

Unless Ortiz was standing on a ladder and wearing a fatsuit, he looked a lot bigger than Floyd.
      Exactly Ortiz looked 2 inches taller

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] View Post
        Ortiz can make 154 if he wants too. When has Mayweather ever weighed above 158 pounds come fight night? Ortiz made 161 in his WW debut, IN HIS DEBUT. That's unnatural. Just imagine how much he would weigh when he isn't draining himself to make weight. The guy is gonna be massive come fight time.
        If by being fatter you mean bigger. Than by all means he's bigger.

I guess you also the people that believe Hatton was bigger than Floyd. Because, he weighed more than Floyd on fight night.

Hell Floyd looked bigger than Mosley.

So what if Ortiz can make 154? So can Floyd and do a better job than Ortiz could ever dream of doing at 154. Is this your F'ing argument.

Comment

could be ortiz shoes combined with mayweather slouching.

In any case, Ortiz does look much more solid than Mayweather. Without a doubt he weighs more on fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            well being fatter does count as u being bigger, no?

at any rate, its safe to say ortiz is not going into this fight being considered smaller than floyd. whether they are both same size or not, its hard to argue that ortiz is a midget. but the fact that floyd picked on smaller men has never been a fact in the first place. only two fights really support the notion, the jmm and hatton fghts. 2 fights dont esablish a pattern per se.
            Ok, then he's clearly bigger then Floyd.

Comment

I guess you also the people that believe Hatton was bigger than Floyd. Because, he weighed more than Floyd on fight night.

So what if Ortiz can make 154? So can Floyd and do a better job than Ortiz could ever dream of doing at 154. Is this your F'ing argument.
              Hatton walks around at like 180lbs he himself is quoted calling himself Ricy Fatton because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                Exactly Ortiz looked 2 inches taller
                u cant say for sure. u dont kno what kinda footwear they were wearing. i have shoes that make me about 5 10 on sone days and then on others i wear kicks that make me as tall as 6 ft on others.

Comment

A fighter who can still fight in a lower weight than the other guy. Then he's not "clearly" bigger than the other guy.

But, whatever if this is a way to overhype to give even more than extra credit. Then by all means go ahead and I won't rain in the parade.

Comment

Yeah because ya know Ortiz looked like DLH from the Sturm fight right?

Floyd weighed 150 pounds for his 154 pound debut. Came in at 152 for DLH. If you said Mayweather is an average WW I'd agree with you, but Ortiz? Comon man the guy looked shredded at 161 pounds. Are we really having this argument? Really? Jro, Ortiz is clearly the bigger man. Are you seriously trying to debate this?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                      Hatton walks around at like 180lbs he himself is quoted calling himself Ricy Fatton because of this.
                      And, I wouldn't call Hatton a big WW, would you?

Comment

Working...
                      X