No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol for vacant WBC belt 9/26/15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
    This is a real fight not like the rest of the cowards at 147 thurman, broner, garcia who fighting nothing but tune ups after tuneups.
    This fight is at 147?

And last i checked Garcia already beat Lucas

Comment

This is a real fight not like the rest of the cowards at 147 thurman, broner, garcia who fighting nothing but tune ups after tuneups.
      Nelo just fought Kirkland...the same Kirkland who was on the shelf for over a year and a half....and you're sporting gifs of the fight...smh...you must feel proud that your boy cherry picked Kirkland at the RIGHT time!!...even us Kirkland supporters knew the outcome beforehand...too long on the shelf and no Miss Wolfe....EASY fight for Nelo...EASY!!!...but you rapping about Swift for example who just fought Lamont Peterson(THE BEST AVAILABLE OPPONENT in his weight class) the same Lamont Peterson that fans WANTED him to fight

as far as Lucas and Postol....I got Lucas tearing that long linky cat outta the frame in 6 or 7 rounds...that body work gonna kill Postol and then Lucas gonna throw a few pineapples to his head and walk off with the strap

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
        as far as Lucas and Postol....I got Lucas tearing that long linky cat outta the frame in 6 or 7 rounds...that body work gonna kill Postol and then Lucas gonna throw a few pineapples to his head and walk off with the strap
        I agree. If it wasn't for the belt, this fight wouldn't mean that much really.

Matthysse-Crawford or Matthysse-Herrera would be more meaningful for the division.

Comment

good fight....

Comment

Good scrap but the fight favors Postol through 12 rounds. Matthysse needs to be sharp with his defense if he wants to work past Postol's height and reach.

The way Postol finished Aydin showed no mercy. Beautiful combination.

Comment

Pistol sucks, lucas is finally getting a title but a paper vacant belt

Comment

Really good fight.

Id be lying if i said I was completely confident as a Matthysse fan going in. Postol is tall, fast, skillfull and has good footwork. His stamina was solid vs Aydin and he has a ruthless streak too

That said there is hope. Postol can be caught with good shots, especially when he himself is opening up. Matthysse is pretty good at dealing with opponents jabs too, he can counter, slip and parry the jab which it difficult to commit to to throwing it. Postol clinches a bit but nowhere near as much as Garcia, Judah and Alexander did against Matthysse

War Matthysse

Cant wait.

Comment

I've only seen two Postol fights but from what I've seen Lucas is much more diverse than this guy, he has more wrinkles to his game, especially after seeing the Ruslan fight

Lucas can fight in more than one way, unfortunately this fight will not force Postol into a scenario that he's uncomfortable in (I can't imagine Lucas going into this fight with the idea that he should box off the backfoot, would be interesting though)

Comment

Postol shot himself in the foot. Garcia is a much better style matchup for him than Matthysse is, but he accepted that step aside money. Perhaps that just shows you how little belts mean these days. Pay day > belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X