Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Haye vs. Frank Bruno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bruno would be the perfect target for Haye's haymakers. I say it would probably end up like the second fight between Bruno and Tyson where Haye wins by TKO.

Comment

Haye would get off the couch after a year and a half of inactivity and beat the best conditioned fit version of Frank. Haye is a tremendous talent his problem is he is not passionate about boxing and wants to be a lazy tv personality.

Its too bad doe, could have made something happen if he had not beaten up entire the line to the nurses station for daily medication at the old folks home enroute to Wlad. It would have also been nice if he actually took a chance and tried to take Wlad out early, it was his only shot before Wlad got into his comfortable jabbing rhythm as he always looks shaky to me early before he realizes what he is doing is working.

Comment

We're talking skill here, not personalities, right??? You guys are either seeing the past through rose-tinted glasses or just hate David Haye.

Haye is far more gifted in every aspect of the skill department. Bruno had no defense whatsoever, especially under Terry Lawless. He was rigid as hell, never put punches together well, and was woefully easy to hit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Big Frank. The best he ever looked IMO was in his effort against Lennox Lewis, which I think is one of the most underrated heavyweight fights there is. It was an incredible fight and Bruno had more heart in his little finger than David Haye will ever dream of.

But Haye would still knock his ass out.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          We're talking skill here, not personalities, right??? You guys are either seeing the past through rose-tinted glasses or just hate David Haye.

Haye is far more gifted in every aspect of the skill department. Bruno had no defense whatsoever, especially under Terry Lawless. He was rigid as hell, never put punches together well, and was woefully easy to hit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Big Frank. The best he ever looked IMO was in his effort against Lennox Lewis, which I think is one of the most underrated heavyweight fights there is. It was an incredible fight and Bruno had more heart in his little finger than David Haye will ever dream of.

But Haye would still knock his ass out.
          I don't like the guy either and it is so frustrating because he doesn't have any interest in being a great fighter but he is one of the most talented HWs I have ever seen, the speed, the power, awkward unpredictable offense.

Spent a year doing nothing and just beat Del-boy with ease, Del-Boy who previously gave VK the toughest fight he had since maybe Sanders.

Comment

I think Haye LOOKS like the better fighter and he managed to go 12 rounds with Wladimir, but other than that, he fought old slow fat dudes and remains somewhat of an unknown quantity to me. Bruno is more of a known quantity and that quantity wasn't that high.

I voted draw. If I were forced to bet money I would put it on Haye.

Comment

Working...
            X