• Show
Clear All

• Bob Arum: "Cotto Will Fight Either Pacquiao or Chavez Jr"

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/170967-lems-latest-

Just post the article and not the link.

Comment

i'm a cotto fan and i want him to fight a top 154er. ffs arum

Comment

Will be interesting to see what Cotto does, he is in a great position.

Comment

My bad here you go.

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
          Just post the article and not the link.
          Arum told ******.com that the selection process for Pacquiao's next opponent will begin on or after January 10, when he and Pacquiao's advisor, Michael Koncz., present the four candidates to the THE RING's No. 1-pound-for-pound fighter in his native Philippines next week.

Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38 KOs) is coming off of his 15th straight win, November's disputed majority decision over Marquez (53-6-1, 39 KOs), whom he had battled through a draw and a split-decision victory in two prior meetings.

A southpaw whose run includes nine knockouts, Pacquiao dethroned Cotto by 12th-round stoppage in November of 2009 for his current WBO welterweight belt.

Bradley (28-0, 12 KOs) owns a unanimous decision victory over the 27-year-old Peterson (30-1-1, 15 KOs), against whom he successfully defended his WBO crown in December of 2009.

Since being dropped in the third round of his loss to Bradley, Peterson is 3-0-1 with two knockouts, and is coming off of last month's title-winning split-decision over Amir Khan.

Asked who the frontruner is, Arum would not speculate.

"We don't want to tip our hands so that Manny thinks that I'm pushing him in one direction or the other," said Arum, who promotes Bradley, Cotto and Pacquiao.

"In other words, I really want to lay this out as judicially as I can, and put forth all of the plusses and minuses of each of the fights and the economic consequences and let Manny choose. He's the guy that's got to go into the ring."

OTHER POTENTIAL SCENARIOS?

"If Manny decides to go with Cotto, and if Chavez wins in February, then Chavez will get another opponent in June or something like that. But then, if Cotto wins, or even if he loses to Manny, then Cotto can fight Chavez in the fall," said Arum.

"Cotto is going to fight Chavez if Chavez wins and if Manny doesn't fight Cotto. But I don't know what Manny is going to do. Obviously, though, if Manny chooses Cotto, it means that he's not going with Marquez. So that means that Marquez can fight either Bradley or Peterson."

Got all of that?

Comment

Sounds like Bob has is all planned out in his head, now just to get everybody on that page~

Comment

looks like i wont be ordering any top rank ppvs this year. arum has really went off the deep end now. its kinda sad. but yet ppl will defend him.

Comment

If cotto fights manny,Now we know y floyd couldint fight cotto.

Comment

between those 2...i would rather see cotto vs chavez, already seen him fight pac. And even though chavez will have a big size advantage cotto will still beat him, he will box his ears off

Comment

Who would Cotto stand to make more money fighting May or Pac?

Comment

Working...
                    X