No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson's Issues With Diaconu Bout Explained By Shaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson's Issues With Diaconu Bout Explained By Shaw

Speaking to BoxingScene.com, promoter Gary Shaw explained the reasons behind the delay in Chad Dawson (29-1, 17KOs) agreeing to accept the fight with Adrian Diaconu (27-2, 15KOs), which is scheduled for May 21 at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. There were some concerns with respect to taking a fight against a Canadian boxer, in Canada. Dawson and his promoter, Gary Shaw, believe they got the short end of the stick in the eleven round technical decision loss to Jean Pascal last August. The Pascal bout was staged in the same venue.

[Click Here To Read More]

all legitamate concerns. just happy to see chad back in the ring and focused. should bring about good things.

Comment

I had no idea Manny was training Chad. Is this recent? I didn't see an article about the two hooking up or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
        I had no idea Manny was training Chad. Is this recent? I didn't see an article about the two hooking up or anything.
        Me neither but I think this is good move for Chad Dawson. If Steward can improve his technique, there will be no way Pascal or Hopkins can beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
          Me neither but I think this is good move for Chad Dawson. If Steward can improve his technique, there will be no way Pascal or Hopkins can beat him.
          I remember they had an interview with Steward when he agreed to take on Chad. He said the only reason he agreed was because he talked to Chad and Dawson had the same mind set as Steward. Steward said he didn't want to see any boring decisions anymore from Chad but he wanted Chad to start knocking people out. Let's hope Chad returns with that fire and that's what happens.

Comment

Honestly, I see Steward having a hard time pushing Chad to be more aggressive and dangerous. Being cautiously offensive seems to be more of a character trait of Chad than an issue and I think thats going to be very hard to break. I hope I'm wrong because we ALL know Chad has the power, speed and skills to be the kind of fighter we want him to be.

Comment

I dont buy

the argument of bad judging in other countries anymore because i've seen HORRIBLE score cards here in the U.S. as well. Cats need to get over that ****, man the fu.ck up and not leave decisions in the hands of judges, period.

Comment

Not long after the Pascal fight it was said Steward would be training Dawson. I think it was b!tch move by Dawson to leave Eddie Mustfa Muhammad like that. It was Dawson's own fault he fought like a b!tch damn near the whole fight with Pascal. Just man up and take the loss and don't place blame where it doesn't lay.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Honestly, I see Steward having a hard time pushing Chad to be more aggressive and dangerous. Being cautiously offensive seems to be more of a character trait of Chad than an issue and I think thats going to be very hard to break. I hope I'm wrong because we ALL know Chad has the power, speed and skills to be the kind of fighter we want him to be.
                  Physically Chad can just about do it all. I am starting to believe Chad doesn't have it mentally to be all that he can be.

Comment

Shaw needs to shut his mouth up. Pascal beat Dawson fair and square. Dawson had one maybe two good rounds in the whole fight. Even if the fight was allowed to continue, no way does Dawson stop Pascal with a cut like that. Regardless, Pascal would have probably held on for the victory whether there was a cut or not.

Dawson needs to stop dictating terms and conditions and sign for this fight. He isn't a star no more and can't sell tickets. Instead of being gifted another shot at a title, he should have to work for it, because despite the hype, he just isn't as good as people thought he was.

Comment

Working...
                    X