• Show
Clear All

• anyone follow AFL here?

Just wondering, here in Victoria have a really big fan base

Yeah, support the Suns.

Comment

St Kilda boyy

Comment

AFL is for Victorian bogans, although the Swans rivalry with the Eagles a few years back was epic.

Comment

Eagle supporter here.

Find it funny how the AFL is the biggest sport in aus but yet alot of QLD and NSW people seem to be in total denial.

Whats a good crowd for a rugby league game, 16k? In WA for the eagles you cant even get a membership (actually you can but you have to pay to be in waiting) and they have over 40k seats in the stadium, even when we were on the bottom of the ladder last year we still had 30k people attend and that was bad.

Then go to the MCG for one of the big teams or a big game, easpecially the GF, 100k.

And yeah, the AFL is just only for vic bogans, lmao.

Dont get me wrong I like rugby league but I have no idea why the AFL isnt very liked in here.

Comment

I dont get to see any games live but there is a highlight show off the games on tv over here every saturday.Its a tough sportbut a real entertaining one alot like gaelic football over here.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
              Eagle supporter here.

Find it funny how the AFL is the biggest sport in aus but yet alot of QLD and NSW people seem to be in total denial.

Whats a good crowd for a rugby league game, 16k? In WA for the eagles you cant even get a membership (actually you can but you have to pay to be in waiting) and they have over 40k seats in the stadium, even when we were on the bottom of the ladder last year we still had 30k people attend and that was bad.

Then go to the MCG for one of the big teams or a big game, easpecially the GF, 100k.

And yeah, the AFL is just only for vic bogans, lmao.

Dont get me wrong I like rugby league but I have no idea why the AFL isnt very liked in here.
              Its just the way people are raised mate. I appreciate the fantaticism of the fans of AFL but I will be honest, I flat out hate it. I've given it a fair crack as well, just can't get it.

Its true about the attendances though. Its odd. League actually outperforms AFL on television nationally. Its like AFL people go to the games, while leaguies are happy to watch it on TV. Personally I think its pathetic that people don't support their league teams. I haven't missed a regular season home Broncos game for six years now.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                I dont get to see any games live but there is a highlight show off the games on tv over here every saturday.Its a tough sportbut a real entertaining one alot like gaelic football over here.
                I always find it funny when they play that international rules stuff and the Irish complain about how physical and brutal our mob are.

Comment

Ya becuase as similar as they are tackling in both is totally different

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                    Ya becuase as similar as they are tackling in both is totally different
                    From memory our guys were pretty keen to fight as well. Don't think that went down too well.

Comment

Working...
                    X