Collapse
No announcement yet.

No opportunity for uppercut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that is a trick of the trade.. But normally when I do that to slip through the guard its just a uppercut off a jab and I do it to split the guard and pester them followed by a combo or other punches.

Comment

I've always found the absolute best way to make an opportunity for an uppercut is to double up with one of your hands, especially in the case of fighting inside. Throw a left hook (doesn't need to be hard, just enough to disorientate), then use the momentum off the hook to dip-n-slip that uppercut between the exposed guard you created with that left hook.

You can most certainly perform this trick with the right hand, but I generally try not to encourage right-hooks unless you're glued to your opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostFighter View Post
        Even though i like to fight up close, i just dont the seem to get an opportunity for a clean landed uppercut. I throw them in a flurry combination with hooks yet they just dont land under the chin where im aiming.
        Could it just be all my opponents just have a good defense, do i just suck at it or is it normal that uppercuts are just hard to land?
        most likely you aren't throwing it right, you are probably giving yourself away before you throw it, aka telegraphing

If thrown correctly and from the right position its a short compact shot that is hard to block

Comment

Working...
        X