Pavlik vs Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik vs Calzaghe

Looks very unlikely now... just saw this from sentanta.com

Setanta Sports is proud to announce an exciting deal with Top Rank Promotions that will enable British and Irish fight fans to watch the biggest fights in boxing between June and the end of the year.

Under the terms of the agreement, Setanta Sports will be broadcasting eight exclusive bouts, including Manny Pacquiao’s mouth-watering lightweight clash with WBC champion David Diaz and the guaranteed classic between WBC welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and Antonio Margarito.

Ricardo Torres’ WBO light welterweight title defence against former opponent Kendall Holt is also a part of this fantastic package.

Kelly Pavlik's next fight, against Gary Lockett on June 7, will be shown on Setanta Sports and so - we are happy to confirm - will the middleweight number one's September 29 outing against an as yet unconfirmed opponent.

In addition, WBO light flyweight titleholder Ivan Calderon and Joshua Clottey are also likely to be in action on Setanta Sports in the coming months, though their respective bouts have yet to be confirmed.

Meanwhile, Setanta Sports has also secured the rights for heavyweight champion Wladimir Kiltschko’s WBO/IBF/IBO title defence against Tony Thompson in July, further underlying our intention to bring fight fans all the biggest and best bouts in boxing.

Who is Lockett fighting in September?

Good news the rest of it though. Hopefully it will raise Sky's game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SHB View Post
      Who is Lockett fighting in September?

Good news the rest of it though. Hopefully it will raise Sky's game as well.
      It's Pavlik who is fighting in September, apparently in Cleveland

Comment

I am confident that Joe will fight Pavlik after he fights Jones.

The style matchup will be too appealing for Joe to turn down this fight if decent money is on the table.

A couple more wins and Pavlik is going to be looking for his own superfight. That will be Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

dno if they wil fight but i hope so

Comment

Joe could do with making his god damn mind up now, because fighting Pavlik in 1 year even, he's gona be a much declined fighter losing his speed and other attributes, whilst Pavlik will be a much improved fighter with more ring intelligence and more. He leaves it too long Pavlik will become favourite, and that'd probably entice him in more, very dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
              Joe could do with making his god damn mind up now, because fighting Pavlik in 1 year even, he's gona be a much declined fighter losing his speed and other attributes, whilst Pavlik will be a much improved fighter with more ring intelligence and more. He leaves it too long Pavlik will become favourite, and that'd probably entice him in more, very dangerous.
              Very, I agree. Pavlik is nothing to be sneezed at so Joe would have to be on his game if they fought tomorrow, let alone in a year or eighteen months.

However, I have no objection to seeing Joe Calzaghe fight 'the younger stronger fighter who will probably knock him out', again. A victory would be absolutely class. For me the risk/ reward is definitely there.

Comment

Can you imagine if Calzaghe got KOed?

****, it would be obvious he was shot but imagine the **** we would get

Comment

i hope kelly unifies.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ricky_ View Post
                    Can you imagine if Calzaghe got KOed?

****, it would be obvious he was shot but imagine the **** we would get
                    Imagine if he beat Pavlik in a year or so though man. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X