Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are boxers the only athletes who 'earned' their pay? Are they under paid?Over Paid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are boxers the only athletes who 'earned' their pay? Are they under paid?Over Paid?

I think overall they did earn their pay as compare to the NFL/NBA in America and Soccer in Europe.

Soccer is my favorite sport and I love watching Cristiano Ronaldo play. But if you ask, who earned their millions? Who deserve their pay day more.
    Ronaldo or Floyd. I'll say Floyd.. and Floyd is the exception in terms of how much he gets paid..

Froch/Kessler getting 1-2 million Euros sounds very fair.. when guys like Dwight Howard gets 10 million without a 10th of the pain/physical sacrifice.

I also feel that the mid tier fighters and the lower tier fighters are massively under paid as compare to the mid tier and lower tiers of team sports like Soccer in Europe/ Baseball/Basketball/Football in America.
    Under Paid
    25.00%
    Over Paid
    18.75%
    Around Right
    56.25%

$50 Million to fight Devon Alexander?

some boxers are criminally overpaid

Comment

Very huge gap in how fighters are paid. Berto should not be making what he makes and neither should floyd considering his last few fights.

Comment

It's natural that the most successful boxers earn the most, and that will never change. But the gap between the top and lower tier boxers is too wide.

The salaries for new fighters should be a bit higher than what it is currently. This would attract more athletes to the sport and also give support to athletes who are struggling and need it most. Boxing is very unforgiving and the boxing community should protect its athletes who sacrifice so much for the sport.

Comment

The vast majority in boxing are underpaid

Comment

anyone who works for a living earns their pay

Comment

The top echelon are massively overpaid.

Everyone else is underpaid.

I don't like the idea that Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, De La Hoya can make more in one fight than a doctor or scientist will make in his entire life. Hell, he might be on similar pay to the most high-demand doctor in the world (I'm not sure).

I also don't like that some quality fighters have to have jobs on the side when they put in a lot of hard work and take a lot of punishment. Especially in the lower weights.

But what can you do?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                The vast majority in boxing are underpaid
                this..........

Comment

Some are over paid like Floyd and Pacquiao while others are under paid i think anyone in the top 10 who fights another top 10 fighter should at least receive 1 million this would put an end to all these Cherry Pickers who want to protect that Zero. Some of these Fighters like Floyd Mayweather fighting Old Has beens would be like The Baltimore Ravens playing Terry Bradshaw and The 1979 Super Bowl Champs Pittsburg Steelers in a Super Bowl game
                  Last edited by Luilun; 02-07-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    The top echelon are massively overpaid.

Everyone else is underpaid.

I don't like the idea that Floyd Mayweather, Mike Tyson, De La Hoya can make more in one fight than a doctor or scientist will make in his entire life. Hell, he might be on similar pay to the most high-demand doctor in the world (I'm not sure).

I also don't like that some quality fighters have to have jobs on the side when they put in a lot of hard work and take a lot of punishment. Especially in the lower weights.

But what can you do?
                    Don't purchase the PPV

Comment

Working...
                    X