No announcement yet.

If Andre Ward beats Kovalev and GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Andre Ward beats Kovalev and GGG

Will he immediately be considered an All Time Great? GOAT status?

I say Ward and GGG meet at a catchweight of 165. I give Ward the extra pound because he would be sacrificing the most between the two.

He's the one losing weight, plus if GGG wins, he can campaign permanently at 168. In the reverse, if Ward wins, he wouldn't permanently or temporarily move down to 160.

It would be quite an accomplishment. All three of those guys are elite, but Ward will never meet GGG at 165, despite GGG being the much more popular fighter.. It would be at 168 at the minimum.

Comment

beating ggg does nothing for his legacy at this point in time because who the **** has ggg even fought?

moving up to 175 and beating beating kovalev is legit bad boy material. he should go up now and fight stevenson then kovalev, he can beat both

Comment

I expect Ward to face GGG then Krusher and best both, GGG certainly Krusher too but I expect him to struggle with him. GGG at 168, GGG wouldnt have to drain himself to bully 160 pounders like usual. That said I dont expect GGG to move up until Ward vacates the division.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsinLeo View Post
          Will he immediately be considered an All Time Great? GOAT status?

I say Ward and GGG meet at a catchweight of 165. I give Ward the extra pound because he would be sacrificing the most between the two.

He's the one losing weight, plus if GGG wins, he can campaign permanently at 168. In the reverse, if Ward wins, he wouldn't permanently or temporarily move down to 160.
          could have been a good thread but then you ask that ****

Comment

People say GGG hasn't fought anyone then somehow beating him contributes to you becoming ATG. Pick a side

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
              I expect Ward to face GGG then Krusher and best both, GGG certainly Krusher too but I expect him to struggle with him. GGG at 168, GGG wouldnt have to drain himself to bully 160 pounders like usual. That said I dont expect GGG to move up until Ward vacates the division.
              GGG doesn't drain, a$$wipe. Haven't we gone over this before? He was 161 5 days before Rubio, and his fight night weights are in the SWW range

Comment

I'm pretty confident in picking him over GGG. Kovalev is a tougher fight due to the size and reach advantaged backed up with some serious fire power. If Ward goes up and dominates 175 like he has 168 then that would really be something

Comment

No, because neither of those two accomplished much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
                    See,you're just talking nonsense at this point. Ggg always comes in at 158-159,and has never had any problem making weight. In his last fight he rehydrated to 170,while Monroe weighed 172,so ggg was in fact the lighter fighter. In most of his fights,he is outweighed by his opponents, so he's actually regular sized middleweight,but he's just far better than everyone in his division. If you want him to move up based on his skill, I can see that argument,but you're seriously reaching if you pull the "ggg is too big for middleweight" card.

Comment

Working...
                    X