Am i the only one who thinks he is somewhat overated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
    Nope your wrong...

Manny was a shot fighter. Castillo in 80 percent of the worlds eyes beat floyd. And same goes for maidana 1.

In reality he missed lots of fighters and stephen edwards agrees

Comment

Same thing can be said for Floyd tbh.

Comment

Who's this thread about?! I'm so confused

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
          Who's this thread about?! I'm so confused
          Money mayweather.

Stephen edwards said he missed to many fighters

Comment

Agreed

Floyd has always been a bit of a fraud

Comment

Money mayweather.

Stephen edwards said he missed to many fighters
              Stephen Edwards said it, so it must be true? Got it.

Comment

I think Floyd is underrated by many.

I don't care what stage they're at, you don't go through an almost 20 year career and beat Pacquiao, Marquez, Mosley, De La Hoya, Cotto, Maidana, Hatton, Corrales, Canelo, Gatti, Judah etc... etc.. if you're not special.

If it was that easy to go through all these world class fighters so easily and remain undefeated, when more people would do it. I mean, just look at the names on his record. Pacquiao certainly couldn't go through this resume undefeated and didn't. Some of those guys put losses on each others records, yet none of them could do it to Floyd.

To turn up for 20 years and go through those fighters, always in shape, not have an off night, a lapse in concentration that ends up getting you KO'd etc... it's incredible really. The reality is that you can go through history and pick holes in anybody's resume if you look hard enough to pick apart their wins. Hindsight is always 20-20 but you have to judge a fight on how it was before the bell rang. Floyd was supposedly afraid of Pacquiao and Mosley and would never fight them. Canelo was the guy that would end Mayweather. Corrales was the favourite. Then all of a sudden as soon as he wins, people downplay the win.

If any other guy done what Floyd has, people would be talking how amazing he is and that we are blessed to see such an all time great in our generation.

Lets take any example, say Sugar Ray Leonard who gets all the credit in the world. Yet when he was champion he was fighting guys like Bruce Finch and European level fighters like Dave Green. Imagine Floyd picked guys like this, he would be crucified.
                Last edited by deathofaclown; 06-20-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

I don't care what stage they're at, you don't go through an almost 20 year career and beat Pacquiao, Marquez, Mosley, De La Hoya, Cotto, Maidana, Hatton, Corrales, Canelo, Gatti, Judah etc... etc.. if you're not special.

If it was that easy to go through all these world class fighters so easily and remain undefeated, when more people would do it. I mean, just look at the names on his record. Pacquiao certainly couldn't go through this resume undefeated and didn't. Some of those guys put losses on each others records, yet none of them could do it to Floyd.

To turn up for 20 years and go through those fighters, always in shape, not have an off night, a lapse in concentration that ends up getting you KO'd etc... it's incredible really. The reality is that you can go through history and pick holes in anybody's resume if you look hard enough to pick apart their wins. Hindsight is always 20-20 but you have to judge a fight on how it was before the bell rang. Floyd was supposedly afraid of Pacquiao and Mosley and would never fight them. Canelo was the guy that would end Mayweather. Corrales was the favourite. Then all of a sudden as soon as he wins, people downplay the win.

If any other guy done what Floyd has, people would be talking how amazing he is and that we are blessed to see such an all time great in our generation.

Lets take any example, say Sugar Ray Leonard who gets all the credit in the world. Yet when he was champion he was fighting guys like Bruce Finch and European level fighters like Dave Green. Imagine Floyd picked guys like this, he would be crucified.
                  Internet and more coverage in boxing today internationally. These guys floyd fights,ghost,ortiz,maidana,baldomir are bruce finch bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

Two months on this site and you are easily becoming one of its better posters. I would green you again but the site says I need to spread some more rep. You made many of the same points I wanted to make but sadly many of these posters don't use logic when it comes to Floyd.

Comment

Dont get me wrong. He has talent. He has some solid wins. But imo career was over calculated /protected.

Waiting guys out
                      cherry picking
                      beating big names not at their best
                      so many double standards.
                      Missing guys
                      stipulations all over the board

Mostly fought slow flat footed one dimensional fighters.

Am i the only one who sees through all the smoke and mirrors money may has put up.

I think he is good ,real good,but not this overated guy tmt fans make him out to be. I followed his whole career. He is about top 30 to me accomplishment wise. But he is overated imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X