Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez To Mayweather: I'll Find You, Crack Your Bones!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by misterced View Post
    why pick on a smaller guy why not fight andre ward thats real funny sergio i had respect for you but now im starting to lose it but i really do think floyd wins this fight
    Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I guess you missed the video of Ward saying that Martinez was just too small for him and that he couldn't even make it to anything lower than 168 and in fact was going to move to 175.

So Martinez just fought a cruiserweight at 160 and now you want him to fight another cruiserweight at 168? Considering he fought most of his career at 154 and has moved up to fight at 160, if he goes back down to 154, he would be "picking on smaller fighters"?

I think I'm probably missing some other important details because that logice doesn't make any sense.

I agree...I guess this guy never saw Martinez dominating hammerhands Pavlik...

Comment

Martinez sure is mouthy for a cat when last seen was flopping all over the canvas, holding on for dear life against an unproven, glorified prospect.

Comment

I thought Serg was on a bum knee. Shouldnt he be on the shelf for like 6 months at least?

Comment

martinez would kill floyd thats y all you fan boys scared

Comment

Originally posted by DhymezFMJFan View Post
            Floyds only been to 154 twice and both fights were highly competitive. I think if Sergio comes to down to 154, to challenge Floyd for his WBA Super World Light Middleweight title, the weight will be an even agreement because Floyd fights at 147 and Maravilla fights at 160. But...I dont believe Sergio can outbox Floyd. Don't let the Chavez Jr fight fool you! Jr is a slow flat footed, defense lacking cruiserweight that drains himself to make weight then rehydrates to use his natural size against a smaller weightclass.

Floyd still has good speed, defense and has the ability to walk opponents down or fight off his back foot. Remember guys Martinez has had tough fights with lesser competition! Macklin and Barker did well against Sergio until they faded in the later rounds which seems to be when Floyd recharges...

Just saying don't get to confident in picking a winner just yet. This would be Sergio's toughest test at 38 years old!
            You've made the most sense so far on this post. Fans take the way he looked in the Chavez fight and run with it. How does the old saying go? You're just as good as your last fight! Well Martinez looked great and against the slow, less experienced Chavez Jr. "But" almost got knocked out also. I give Martinez a strong chance to defeat Mayweather, only because of his size and southpaw stance. But who has he fought that's remotely close to a Mayweather? Just about everyone he's fought has been stationary targets. And you made wonderful points about him struggling with Barker and Macklin until they tired. Floyd's greatness lies within his endurance and stamina. Great point about his age as well, Floyd won't try to bully Martinez and my prediction is Floyd will get close enough to Martinez to where he can't get countered. People wouldn't know it, but from round 5-10 Kelly Pavlik outboxed Martinez until he ran out of gas. He closed the distance and used Martinez awkwardness against him.

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
              Damn, Sergio is going hard at Floyd.

Will Floyd take this, or will it just end up being yet ANOTHER legit threat that he ducked? He won't even fight the "midget" Pac, he won't get in there with Maravilla.

How exactly would this be a duck? You have a middleweight calling out a Welterweight! That makes sense to you? So when Roy Jones Jr. (lightheavy) called out Oscar De La Hoya (Junior Middle) did De La Hoya duck Jones? I'm curious to hear your answer!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                Martinez is nothing but the new hope guy for the Please Kick Floyd Mayweather's Ass fan club. At one point it was Hatton. At another it was Judah. At another it was Cotto. At another it was Mosley. At another it was Margarito. At another it was Pac. Mayweather either embarrassed the hope guy or the hope guy was exposed by a fighter not on Mayweather's level and was abandoned. Martinez is no different. Martinez will either get his fight with Mayweather and lose. In that case he will have been just another old, washed up, blah, blah, blah fighters that Mayweather will get no credit for beating. Or, he'll lose to a fighter not even in Mayweather's universe and will nbe abandoned and a new hope guy will emerge.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  Martinez is a killer now, that's a new one...

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    Martinez is nothing but the new hope guy for the Please Kick Floyd Mayweather's Ass fan club. At one point it was Hatton. At another it was Judah. At another it was Cotto. At another it was Mosley. At another it was Margarito. At another it was Pac. Mayweather either embarrassed the hope guy or the hope guy was exposed by a fighter not on Mayweather's level and was abandoned. Martinez is no different. Martinez will either get his fight with Mayweather and lose. In that case he will have been just another old, washed up, blah, blah, blah fighters that Mayweather will get no credit for beating. Or, he'll lose to a fighter not even in Mayweather's universe and will nbe abandoned and a new hope guy will emerge.
                    Where's the like button? LOL, I wish this was facebook cause I'd like this. Or twitter, cause I'd retweet!

Comment

Originally posted by humuklot
                      You forgot one important factor there. Let me fix it for you.

You have a MIDDLEWEIGHT who's willing to move down to JMW to fight a guy who's fought at JMW a few times now.

I'm not sure if you left that out intentionally, or if you're just not very smart.
                      LMAO, Roy Jones said he'd move down to Middleweight. DLH still didn't take the fight, so did he duck Roy Jones? Isn't that the same thing? I'm still trying to figure out how would that be a duck? I guess that makes since for the BIGGER guy to call out the smaller guy. I guess Pacquiao ducked Martinez as well? And your "middleweight" whose willing to move down would still hold a favorable size advantage over the guy whose fought at "JMW" a few times. Better yet, he's only fought there once. The fight with DLH was for a 154 title, Mayweather weight 150 the night of the fight and that's after rehydrating. He's not a natural JMW, your boy Martinez is a full blown Middleweight. Doesn't matter if he's willing to come down, he's still bigger. It's funny I don't hear Martinez calling out any of the other Middleweights who are considered legit threats.

Comment

Working...
                      X