No announcement yet.

Comment On My Top 5 Fighters of the Decade For the 2000s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    Hopkins went 17-3 from 2000-2009. And with all three of his losses being highly debatable I would put him as #3, above calzaghe because bhop faced better opponents, same goes for Wlad and he never got KO'd by two chumps.

Pac
    Floyd
    Hopkins
    What he said.

Comment

How can a boxer be "fighter of the decade" when wasn't even a fighter for 20% of that decade?

Floyd can be the "Fighter of 4/5 of a Decade"

This can be his trophy:

Comment

Well that list basically sucks.

Comment

lolz at joe "blow" calzaghe being top 5

Comment

pac
            floyd
            bhop
            wlad
            vitali

i think floyd's retirement hurt his chances more than pac's loss to morales hurt pac's.

Comment

Wheres Winky???

Comment

Originally posted by ummeed View Post
                pac
                floyd
                bhop
                wlad
                vitali

i think floyd's retirement hurt his chances more than pac's loss to morales hurt pac's.
                both klitschkos??? get the hell outta here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by themagicman View Post
                  mine is similar
                  1. Calzaghe
                  2. Floyd
                  3. Manny
                  4. Wlad
                  5. Vitali

(runner up bhop)
                  lol..............................

Comment

Originally posted by ??? Jr View Post
                    Fighter of the decade: Floyd Mayweather Jr - 18-0 from 2000-2009. Fought from 130 to 154. Lineal champ at 130, 135 and 147. WBC champ at 130, 135, 140, 147(and IBF), 154. Champion in 5 weight classes. Notable wins are Corrales, C. Hernandez, J. Chavez, Castillo(2), Sosa, Corley, Gatti, Mitchell, Judah, Baldomir, De La Hoya, Hatton and Marquez.

Runner up: Manny Pacquiao - 25-1 from 2000-2009. Fought from 122 to 147. Lineal champ at 126, 130, and 140. Champion in 6 weight classes. Notable wins are Hussein, Ledwaba, Lucero, Barrera(2), Marquez(2), Morales(2), Solis, Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, and Cotto.

Notable losses: Erik Morales(Had he never lost to Morales he would have been my FOTD)

3. Wladimir Klitschko - 23-2 from 2000-2009 - Current Ring/Lineal, IBF and WBO Heavyweight champ. Last loss was in 2004, since then he's 12-0 with 10 fights not going the distance. Notable wins: Barrett, Byrd(2), Botha, Mercer, McCline, Peter, Brock, Austin, Brewster, Ibragimov, Thompson, Rahman, Chagaev, Chambers.

Notable losses: Sanders, Brewster

4. Joe Calzaghe - 19-0 from 2000-2009 - Went undefeated in 21 title defenses at 168. Ring/Lineal champ at 168 from 2006 - 2008. Notable wins: Sheika, Veit(2), Mitchell, Lacy, Bika, Manfredo Jr, Kessler, Hopkins, Jones.

5. Bernard Hopkins - 14-3 from 2000-2009. Ring/Lineal champ at 160 from 2001 to 2005 and Ring/Lineal champ at 175 from 2006-2008. Notable wins: Echols, Trinidad, Joppy, Allen, De La Hoya, Eastman, Tarver, Wright, Pavlik.

Notable losses: Taylor(2), Calzaghe.

Discuss.
                    Good list.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
                      both klitschkos??? get the hell outta here!!!
                      i'm not really a huge fan of those 2 frankensteins either but can you really ignore the dominance they have the entire decade?

Comment

Working...
                      X