Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: The Klitschko Fight Will Outdo Lewis-Tyson on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye: The Klitschko Fight Will Outdo Lewis-Tyson on PPV

DAVID HAYE has dumped his trash talk as he claims he no longer needs it to sell his Wladimir Klitschko fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

To quote my favorite movie:

Delusional thoughts from Fantasy Island.

Not to mention the fight isn't even PPV here. LOL.

When Lewis/Tyson happened I had 100 people at my house, 3 rooms showing it, and a massive party.

Go out on the street and ask 50 people and not ONE person will know who Haye is, and maybe 10 will know Klitschko because he dated Hayden.
    Last edited by Boxing Scene; 06-18-2011, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
      To quote my favorite movie:

Delusional thoughts from Fantasy Island.

Not to mention the fight isn't even PPV here. LOL.

When Lewis/Tyson happened I had 100 people at my house, 3 rooms showing it, and a massive party.

Go out on the street and ask 50 people and not ONE person will know who Haye is, and maybe 10 will know Klitschko because he dated Hayden.
      It may well do more buys here in the UK than Lewis-Tyson did though, some fights have done more than that. Off the top of my head I know Mayweather-Hatton did significantly over 1 million buys, when you consider the UK population is roughly a 1/5 of the US that shows just how big that fight was here, and Klitschko-Haye isn't far off that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo16031992 View Post
        It may well do more buys here in the UK than Lewis-Tyson did though, some fights have done more than that.
        Yes the article is a very misleading: it's clearly referring to the UK PPV figures only, not the US; but it was in the US, not the UK, where Lewis-Tyson broke box office records (it got 1.95 million buys in the US, which at $50 a throw is a lot more impressive than the equivalent number in the UK, at £14.95 a throw).

The Sky PPV figures for Lewis-Tyson were actually 760,000, not 800,000 as the article claims. But that was the early days of Sky Box Office, when it had a far smaller subscriber base than it does now. Even Haye-Valuev did better than that. Of course Haye-Wlad will do far better than that in the UK, now that Sky's subscriber base is so much higher than it was back then, and given that several subsequent fights have had more than a million PPV sales in the UK; so if all the article is saying is that it will get more than 800k PPV buys in the UK, at £14.95 a throw, then it's just stating the obvious.

In fact the fight should get way over a million PPV buys in the UK, given that Haye is the first British Heavyweight to fight for a lineal title since Lewis retired. If Sky promotes it effectively it should get close to 2 million buys (but these are not comparable to the same number of US buys, where the cost of buying a PPV is far higher).
        Last edited by Dave Rado; 06-18-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Haye basically saying the trash talk is just to sell the fight and that the smack is what got hi mthe fight.

Comment

wow Haye is scared as hell now that he saw wlad face to face. Haye knows he's going to die if he continues the trash talk

Comment

Originally posted by etlux View Post
              wow Haye is scared as hell now that he saw wlad face to face. Haye knows he's going to die if he continues the trash talk
              Actually I NEVER saw any boxer as scared as Haye.

Bruno looked quite scared during the walk-in against Tyson, but Haye is a different scare-league.

Comment

Haye talks to much who does he think he is Mayweather.

Comment

in the uk???cause it aint ppv here

Comment

Originally posted by hweightblogger View Post
                    Actually I NEVER saw any boxer as scared as Haye.

Bruno looked quite scared during the walk-in against Tyson, but Haye is a different scare-league.
                    Keep fantasising.

Comment

Working...
                    X