No announcement yet.

Why does Santa Cruz get a pass?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does Santa Cruz get a pass?

We rightfully ****ted on Garcia vs Salka and his twitter was filled with cherries, but I've yet to see hardly any bashing on this fight. It's on the biggest ppv event in boxing, and LSC is fighting an undersized bum who's not even ranked by the WBC at any weight class (given he's like a career flyweight lol)

Fuck this fight, I like Leo but this fight is lower than garbage. It would be ok if it wasnt:

-a Championship fight
    -On a PPV event
    -a Mismatch in every damn aspect

SMDH...

Good for roman though, he's getting like 50k?

Choose your answer...

A) It's Haymons' fault
    B) He's a warrior doe
    C) First cherry picking offense
    D) He's stepping up his next fight
    E) He young doe

It's a multiple choice answer BTW.

Comment

This fight was roundly trashed when it was announced and Santa Cruz gets mocked and criticised anytime he calls out another fighter for about the hundredth time. He's also a supporting act to a much bigger star, as opposed to being featured and paid handsomely for a main event mismatch.

Comment

True True but Leo is not nearly as popular as garcia and not in the weight class the masses care about.

Comment

He's not as big of a star as Danny Garcia. If he was this fight would be roundly criticized.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            Choose your answer...

A) It's Haymons' fault
            B) He's a warrior doe
            C) First cherry picking offense
            D) He's stepping up his next fight
            E) He young doe

It's a multiple choice answer BTW.

Man you know, I'm not really too keen on criticizing boxers but this fight is on an important ppv event and for a title no less.

I've seen all of those excuses and many are by the same mexican people (my people) who **** on Garcia when he fought salsa...

Comment

Stopped considering Santa Cruz a potential star like 2-3 fights ago. The kid is above average, and nothing more. He's an action fighter with a good story.

Comment

He doesn't. There was already a 20+ page thread about this.

Comment

1) higher standards- Santa Cruz is just a beltholder whereas Garcia is the lineal champion who had just won a very controversial fight which many people felt needed a rematch.

2) Garcia has butthurt Matthysse fans to cope with.

Comment

Also, I agree with you guys about Leo being less popular. But even on the Forums where people **** on every single thing, I've yet to see only a few posts about this garbage fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X