No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao's Loss, Retirement, Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Shane was at 135 when Floyd was calling him out.
    I know. Floyd was at 130 and Shane at 135. Floyd called Shane out but Shane went for Oscar. I said it in the post. My bad if I didn't specify it clearly enough. I should have said "When Floyd was at 130" instead of "he".
    Last edited by GRUSTLER; 12-20-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I hope Pacquiao doesn't leave the sport just yet. After that KO, I see him coming back with a vengeance.

Comment

I love this alternate reality fighters, trainers and promoters have created, by burying their heads in the sand, where serious concussions (lights-out KO'd) can be healed by rest without having potential long-term health impacts. I keep reading comments that say the damage will be "mostly psychological." Sorry, but every time you get hit in the head, your brain gets damaged, and getting knocked unconscious for several minutes is guaranteed to take something out of you. Why do fighters lose their chin over time? Every time you get hit, your brain gets damaged and it becomes easier and easier to get a concussion. Pac should end his career now. There's no reason to tread the Roy Jones path where continuing to fight just gets ugly and does nothing to improve your legacy.

Comment

I was expecting this fight to be like the first one, and it went that way until the KO. Definitely thought this was the best Pacquiao we've seen in a while and I don't think the KO will affect him going forward. If anything, age is the only thing he has going against him. Only time can tell.

Pacquiao and Roach both said that he would be way more aggressive in this fight and go for the KO, and they paid for it. I'm sure that they know now that Manny can't afford to fight that aggressively anymore and he'll go back to the way he fought against guys like Cotto.

Comment

Can't Roach ever say something nice about Marquez??? Fuking guy takes Manny to hell and back and he makes excuses for 8 years. And now that he knocke manny The fuk out it was all Manny and he made the mistake. Never mind that Marquez is a master boxer and has been pushing Pac's shheeett in for 8 years now.

Fuk you Freddie!!!!

Comment

pacquiao was a very good fighter regardless of how you personally feel he got that way, but he lost and he lost bad......one punch knockout by a 39 year old puffed up lightweight, who wouldn't have looked that good against no other top contender but pacquiao. those fans who say it was lucky punch because he was winning the fight and he should continue fighting....you're not his fans, you just want to satisfy your ego because your feelings are hurt. you want to bring up lennox lewis and a few other fighters who went on to have pretty good careers after being knocked out like that, but for every lennox lewis there's at least 20 jermaine taylor's.....let the man retire

Comment

Pacquiao should retire. There is a conflict of interest there with Roach.

After pac fought marquez the first time, Roach never wanted to hear Marquez' name again.

Now Pac may never fight again and Roach is thinking his 10-15% of 25 million is leaving. Now he is willing to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by rckdees View Post
                  pacquiao was a very good fighter regardless of how you personally feel he got that way, but he lost and he lost bad......one punch knockout by a 39 year old puffed up lightweight, who wouldn't have looked that good against no other top contender but pacquiao. those fans who say it was lucky punch because he was winning the fight and he should continue fighting....you're not his fans, you just want to satisfy your ego because your feelings are hurt. you want to bring up lennox lewis and a few other fighters who went on to have pretty good careers after being knocked out like that, but for every lennox lewis there's at least 20 jermaine taylor's.....let the man retire
                  Not to mention Lennox Lewis was never knocked out like that where he was down for minutes completely unconscious and not moving.

Comment

There goes Roach stating the obvious. But to say it was a once in a lifetime mistake is ridiculous, he tries to play cat and mouse with that feint, constantly. The problem, for his opponent, lies in the fact that there's a 1-2 behind that feint, most of the time; so he gets away with it a lot. And, IMO, that's what made the difference in this fight. It wasn't that Marquez couldn't get away from his punches, not that he could avoid all of em either, but he wanted to land that one good counter, hence why he stayed in the pocket longer. And I'm not trying to take anything away from pacquiao, he's a machine, throws punches in bunches with power; he made Marquez pay and his strategy almost backfired.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
                      Your calling people Floyd riders but had pac in front of May in your p4p list even though pac has questionably lost his last three fights. Doesnt make sense, not when Floyd is undefeated and still somewhat active.
                      Yes i did, because p4p lists are what have you done for me lately, and Bradley was NOT a loss if you are a true fan, but a technicality. Now if it was one of those could've gone wither way, then sure, i can agree with you're sentiments. As for Floyd being Active....fighting 4 times in 4.5 years is FAR from being active. You need to stop with the whole "undefeated" talk as its ridiculous. Joe Calzage is undefeated, and was active so that makes him BETTER than Roy and Bernard. Silly. Comon man....im just being honest.

Comment

Working...
                      X