No announcement yet.

Juanma Training Hard For De La Hoya-Pacquiao Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juanma Training Hard For De La Hoya-Pacquiao Card

WBO super bantamweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez (23-0, 21KOs) is training hard for his appearance on the biggest event of the year. Juanma will appear on the HBO pay-per-view undercard to Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao. None of his fights in 2008 have gone beyond three rounds and he plans to make another explosion. His opponent will be Sergio Medina (33-1, 18KOs) of Argentina. [details]

"I dont think Pacquiao is a good fighter".

Wow, pretty big statement from Lopez. Pacquiao is currently the P4P #1 on just about everyones list with regards to Mayweathers retirement. He has fought and beaten the top fighters in his previous divisions let alone dropping every contender. Its seems that Pacquiao doesnt get as much credibility due to him being from far east Asia. Boxing has been dominate in the Latin countries, Europe and U.S. To some, its seem hard for them to stomach the fact that this Asian fighter is the dominate P4P, not saying that JML is justifying that.

A good technical fighter, Yes, I would agree that Pac doesnt have that technical trait as with a Prime MAB, EM, or JMM, but their is a reason why he is considered the best fighter in the world though today.
    Last edited by trainhard_187; 10-31-2008, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
      "I dont think Pacquiao is a good fighter".

Wow, pretty big statement from Lopez. Pacquiao is currently the P4P #1 on just about everyones list with regards to Mayweathers retirement. He has fought and beaten the top fighters in his previous divisions let alone dropping every contender. Its seems that Pacquiao doesnt get as much credibility due to him being from far east Asia. Boxing has been dominate in the Latin countries, Europe and U.S. To some, its seem hard for them to stomach the fact that this Asian fighter is the dominate P4P, not saying that JML is justifying that.

A good technical fighter, Yes, I would agree that Pac doesnt have that technical trait as with a Prime MAB, EM, or JMM, but their is a reason why he is considered the best fighter in the world though today.
      I was thinking the same, but it looks like a typo.

Comment

That was an error, Juanma said that Pacman was a good fighter... I read the interview in spanish. Maybe an error in translation?

Comment

It was a typo, his sentence would be contradicting if it wasn't a typo. It should be, "I DO think that Pacquiao is a good fighter, BUT this is not an even fight"

Comment

it was a typo, I also read the spanish version of the interview. Even tho the fight is sold out I still think it is a mismatch.

Comment

It was an interview in Primera Hora and what he said was:

"De La Hoya had a lot of options, he could've fight Daniel Santos or a rematch with Tito Trinidad, Pacquiao is not a bad fighter but it's a mismatch"

Comment

it was a TYPO.

Comment

The obvious

Looks like everyone know the obvious Pac Vs. Hoya is a mismatch (yeah yeah we know..money money)...to be honest the undercards are looking good ...maybe the promoters realized the public needed some sort of reward.

Comment

Let's hope this one doesn't get past 1 round.

Comment

Working...
                    X