Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Broner so unlikeable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is here complaining about Broner, theres like more than five threads about him on the forums front page- So I guess whatever he is doing is working.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      how is he a domestic fighter when hes a former world champion in his prime?

sub-par? rees is quality, he is legitimatelky one of the best lightweights in the world. not on broners level but thats because broner is a beast, not because rees cant fight.

and why shouldnt broner showboat when rees is doing the same? you ppl are reaching..
      LOL Rees is nothing higher than European level even his fans know that.

Comment

he's tries to be an entertainer but lacks the charisma

Comment

He does not have any charisma. Floyd has that.

His attempts to be funny or interesting just goes by as lame attempts.

He should stick to fighting. He's really good at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            He does not have any charisma. Floyd has that.

His attempts to be funny or interesting just goes by as lame attempts.

He should stick to fighting. He's really good at it.
            Floyd has charisma?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Floyd has charisma?
              Floyd is damn charismatic. In fact I believe he's the most charismatic boxer to ever live, him and ALI. Prince was also very charismatic.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                Floyd is damn charismatic. In fact I believe he's the most charismatic boxer to ever live, him and ALI. Prince was also very charismatic.
                Floyd has all the charisma of a bowl of mushroom soup.

Comment

Another thread spreading the word for Broner? I just find it funny that people let someone wholly unconnected to them get under their skin so much. Broner acts like a jackass to make people talk. And that's what we're doing, especially those whining about him. Again, mission accomplished.

Also, Gavin Rees trying to clown with Broner reminded me of Vinnie Paz trying to clown with Roy Jones and getting his face turned into linguini in the process.

Comment

I personally don't like the way he impersonates Floyd in every way possible. If he was himself maybe people would take his ass a little more serious...Broner tries too hard to be like Floyd. It's disturbing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      I've asked this question elsewhere as well, why do black American fighters have to act this way for the public to take an interest in them? Fighters of other nationalities generally don't have to do it, even if there are occasional examples of it.

I don't think anyone can argue that it doesn't work, even if you have to take into account the fact that Broner has a lot of promotional weight behind him. Broner is bigger than Bradley, Ward, and Trout, and has nothing even remotely close to their level of achievement behind him.
                      Name the last crossover star African American boxing star outside of Mayweather and Tyson and you'll figure out why Broner acts the way he does.

Comment

Working...
                      X