No announcement yet.

I don't care if Martin gets KO'd in round 1, he deserves respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care if Martin gets KO'd in round 1, he deserves respect

That man has balls. Could have easily fought bums for okay pay on PBC until 2017 with the IBF allowing voluntaries for the rest of the year but instead is going for the big fight with Joshua away from home which he will be a huge underdog in.

I really like Joshua too, but I won't be mad if he lost. We need more champions like Martin in boxing. I guess people will find a way to hate on him and say he's "cashing in" even though he could of done what Wilder did and got good pay for it while getting noticed in the US.

He's taking a huge gamble.

agreed, even bigger gamble for joshua though, considering his PPV status.
    props to both.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
      That man has balls. Could have easily fought bums for okay pay on PBC until 2017 with the IBF allowing voluntaries for the rest of the year but instead is going for the big fight with Joshua away from home which he will be a huge underdog in.

I really like Joshua too, but I won't be mad if he lost. We need more champions like Martin in boxing. I guess people will find a way to hate on him and say he's "cashing in" even though he could of done what Wilder did and got good pay for it while getting noticed in the US.

He's taking a huge gamble.
      Wilder would never have received an opp like this. Hearn sees Prince as an easy path to a world title for his money maker. Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish..

Comment

He definitely does. I hope he puts on a good show win or loss and has a successful career. Taking this fight so early is refreshing.

Comment

Thank you! People are being unfair to Martin. It's funny to crack on the dude because the way he won his title was hilarious.

But at the same time, it's not his fault his opponent was fragile and he never got s chance to showcase what he can do.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            Thank you! People are being unfair to Martin. It's funny to crack on the dude because the way he won his title was hilarious.

But at the same time, it's not his fault his opponent was fragile and he never got s chance to showcase what he can do.
            It's a shame because he was doing well in that fight as an underdog who was also fighting on late notice. I had him 2-0 up before the injury.

I think he could have beaten Glasskov legitimately that night.

Comment

Omg he's taken on anothe fighter in his division, he's now the official savior of boxing. Dude it's just one fight against a prospect.

Comment

You guys are on crack

how does he deserve respect?

He looked around and got the biggest payday...that's as good as it gets for him...he must be chuffed. Thank the IBF for his payday.

He deserves respect if he can hold his own...not because he is defending his hand out belt to a legit contender.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  Omg he's taken on anothe fighter in his division, he's now the official savior of boxing. Dude it's just one fight against a prospect.
                  Originally posted by miniq View Post
                  You guys are on crack

how does he deserve respect?

He looked around and got the biggest payday...that's as good as it gets for him...he must be chuffed. Thank the IBF for his payday.

He deserves respect if he can hold his own...not because he is defending his hand out belt to a legit contender.
                  I respect any person that's a man of their word. After he won the title he said he wanted Wilder or Fury. They had other plans so he said he wanted Joshua. He showed he wasn't just talking ****. I recall Canelo saying he was ready for GGG right after his win over Cotto. These fighters out here playing promotional games, A-side, catchweight, network politics. Martin said he wanted to take on the top names and tough competition and he's doing it. It's not something you see today in boxing. And props to AJ too. Everybody was saying it's a bad decision and he'll be stepping up to soon if he gets a title. He thinks he's ready to step up and so he is.

Comment

People can say "all he did was take the biggest payday", but BJS was too scared of defeat to do the same thing a few weeks ago and plenty of boxers have found reasons to turn down career-high paydays.

Comment

Working...
                    X