Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do fans discrimate against pure boxers? and over raise punchers ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do fans discrimate against pure boxers? and over raise punchers ....

Shouldn't fighters that lack KO power but still win get appreciated more.

What do you think?
    Yes
    58.82%
    No
    41.18%

I agree, Anselmo Moreno should get way more attention. The most underrated fighter in all of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
      I agree, Anselmo Moreno should get way more attention. The most underrated fighter in all of boxing.
      First time I've heard about this guy. What weight division?

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
        First time I've heard about this guy. What weight division?
        He is in the most talented, deepest, best division in all of boxing.

He is a poor man version of Whitaker(no diss) not much pop but damn impressive skills.

Comment

People want action and drama when they see fights...not wankers who talk a lot but provide little excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            He is in the most talented, deepest, best division in all of boxing.

He is a poor man version of Whitaker(no diss) not much pop but damn impressive skills.
            Just watched him in action, and yeah .. he does remind me of Pernell in a way.

It's a shame boxers like him don't get exposure! - Look at Calderon, already forgotten.

Comment

I've always liked the combination of boxing skills and KO power: Pacquiao, Bute, JM Marquez, Marciano, the Klitschkos, etc.

I'm not as much of a fan of "pure boxers" without much power, such as Zbik, Malignaggi, Nuzhnenko, Ottke, Spinks, Mayweather and Dawson, but I do enjoy watching when they put on a show and really school their opponents.

And I'm usually not a big fan of less-skilled brawling pressure fighters: Gatti, Katsidis, Andrade, De Leon, Juarez.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                I've always liked the combination of boxing skills and KO power: Pacquiao, Bute, JM Marquez, Marciano, the Klitschkos, etc.

I'm not as much of a fan of "pure boxers" without much power, such as Zbik, Malignaggi, Nuzhnenko, Ottke, Spinks, Mayweather and Dawson, but I do enjoy watching when they put on a show and really school their opponents.

And I'm usually not a big fan of less-skilled brawling pressure fighters: Gatti, Katsidis, Andrade, De Leon, Juarez.
                Thanks for the post. Do you think pure boxers should get more respect then they're getting because of this?

Comment

I would say yes, less savy fans will call them runners. Those guys master the art of hitting without getting hit. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a slug fest but do like the technical fighters

Comment

I don't understand people *****ing about them running to be honest. It's not their fault if the opposition lack the skill to cut off the ring.

I wouldn't say pure boxers are underrated they are just disrespected.

Comment

Working...
                    X