No announcement yet.

Lyoto Machida's Father Says He Must Fight Anderson Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
    He didn't even have the style to beat Shogun, what makes you think he could hold his own with Silva?

It doesn't matter though, Shogun is going to smash Machida soon

Is this some kind of joke? Anderson has great defense and whatever he lacks by your standards, he makes up with a very, very underrated chin.
    if you look at the way he "bobs and weaves" have you not noticed that he does the same thing no matter what his opponent throws? its not like hes ducking strikes coming in..he just pulls his head down then up then down again in a very predictable way...anybody who knows anything about striking or countering like myself can see that...and i think machida would be able to catch that too....having a good chin has nothing to do with defense...having a good chin means that you can take a good shot not defend it...and i said machida wont ko anderson unless he lands a huge bomb because anybody can be ko'd besides myself

Comment

Originally posted by tocayito1 View Post
      if you look at the way he "bobs and weaves" have you not noticed that he does the same thing no matter what his opponent throws? its not like hes ducking strikes coming in..he just pulls his head down then up then down again in a very predictable way...anybody who knows anything about striking or countering like myself can see that...and i think machida would be able to catch that too....having a good chin has nothing to do with defense...having a good chin means that you can take a good shot not defend it...and i said machida wont ko anderson unless he lands a huge bomb because anybody can be ko'd besides myself
      Yes but yet it's surprisingly effective isn't it?

I never said chin had to do anything with defense, I said whatever he lacks in defense, which isn't much IMO, he more than makes up for with the ability to take a shot if he can't get out of the way in time.

I really just don't see how anybody can be discussing Machida/Silva when Machida really didn't even beat Shogun.

Comment

Lyoto's father should stfu. Shogun deserves a rematch first; then his piss drinking son might fight Anderson Silva. Like other stated before, i think Machida VS Silva would be boring as **** too. They're pretty even and both VERY defensive fighters.

Comment

Anderson would win

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
            Yes but yet it's surprisingly effective isn't it?

I never said chin had to do anything with defense, I said whatever he lacks in defense, which isn't much IMO, he more than makes up for with the ability to take a shot if he can't get out of the way in time.

I really just don't see how anybody can be discussing Machida/Silva when Machida really didn't even beat Shogun.
            my bad then I misunderstood what you meant...i think its been affective because he hasn't fought counter punchers or people who have noticed that....hes fought grapplers and forrest and Franklin...I might be mssing some one but idk...and yea he does need to beat shogun first but his was just to answer question from ts

Comment

One thing of note here is that Anderson's and Shogon's stand-up styles are both on Muay Thai in large part. Shogun gave Lyoto fits in terms of striking, which begs the question of whether his Muay Thai style had anything to do with it. Of course every fighter (and fight) is unique, training background notwithstanding, but I think this is something worthy of note.

Comment

Machida will win... He has Ryu and Ken's style. But for real, Machida would win because he is a point fighter FIRST and if you get hurt, he will try to finish you. If not, he will just point fight you.

I wouldn't judge Machida by his last fight because he only proves that he will point fight to death. Anyone who thinks Rua won was simply listening to Rogan's big mouth. Just because you land 4 big/loud shots, doesn't mean you win if I land damn near 100% of mine.

Just common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Machida will win... He has Ryu and Ken's style. But for real, Machida would win because he is a point fighter FIRST and if you get hurt, he will try to finish you. If not, he will just point fight you.

I wouldn't judge Machida by his last fight because he only proves that he will point fight to death. Anyone who thinks Rua won was simply listening to Rogan's big mouth. Just because you land 4 big/loud shots, doesn't mean you win if I land damn near 100% of mine.

Just common sense.
                  You're clearly in a very small minority.

And suggesting that Rogan's commentary is the reason for this is bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

QFT mutha****ahs

I can see Anderson winning either a boring close UD, or maybe a KO depending on how aggressive the fight gets (which most likely wont be aggressive at all)

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post

Apparently I am the only one who watched the fight with my eyes and not my ears.

Shogun was landing big shots. Machida was landing more shots. 10 vs 100? I think the guy who landed 100 should win if it goes to decision.

Originally posted by evilp0ptart View Post
                      QFT mutha****ahs

I can see Anderson winning either a boring close UD, or maybe a KO depending on how aggressive the fight gets (which most likely wont be aggressive at all)
                      Exactly how that fight would go. Boring.... I go with Machida though because he is more comfortable doing it. I think Silva just likes to play around.

Comment

Working...
                      X