No announcement yet.

Loeffler asks to extend bid date to WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Barclays Center is Daniel Jacobs' home venue, Golovkin has already 4 fights in NYC (while also showing that he can put bodies into a NYC venue), Showtime has made it rather obvious that they plan on making a pretty significant offer to air Golovkin-Jacobs, and there aren't that many other big options for Daniel Jacobs to consider. To flatly declare that Deontay Wilder dwarfs Daniel Jacobs in NYC is asinine.

Golovkin-Jacobs sells out Barclays Center (easily at the $500-$50 that they priced for Jacobs-Quillin) and Showtime lays out significant money (likely significantly more than HBO is currently willing to lay down). Add in the other revenues (international TV, event sponsors for a fight with two fighters with profiles in NYC, merch, etc) and you've got a sketch of what DiBella/Haymon are looking at.

This time, DiBella/Haymon aren't facing off against a promoter seemingly willing to lose $7m if it meant his fighter got the fight in Russia.

They are competing against K2; after "selling out MSG" and not disclosing what the live gate was for Golovkin-Lemieux, how much revenue are they earnestly looking at from MSG on Golovkin-Jacobs, and how much money is HBO willing to pay for the US rights to Golovkin-Jacobs (remember that Golovkin-Lemieux, at $3.5m guaranteed to the main event, was so expensive that HBO couldn't go with the fight without PPV, yet Jacobs-Quillin, at $3m to the main event, was put on Showtime with no hassle)?

All DiBella/Haymon has to do is bid $1 beyond what K2 seems comfortable budgeting for their HBO/MSG package for the fight; Barclays Center/Showtime, as a package, arguably puts more money in play anyway.
    Why do you keep lying? The Lemieux gated was disclosed it was 2m. The Jacobs Quillin gate was not disclosed lol.

I see you haven't learned a thing from that lesson, dumb****. I know, math is hard, you're always off by 3x

Comment

• Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
      We talking about GGG walking away from the fight now?
      Oh Lord. Yea...okay
      If GGG vacates his belt, after his all the belts campaign and investments they put in you can bury him. But lol at thinking he's going to be the one to drop a belt
      K2, I'd imagine, hopefully has a good idea for what they could expect to get from their revenue streams (HBO TV deal, MSG live gate, international money, etc) and it seems, from the long delays and negotiations upon negotiations, doesn't seem to have projected revenues large enough to pay Golovkin his fee (a figure that's likely at least $2m at this point) and still pay Daniel Jacobs enough to avoid a bid.

Beyond that, with HBO's budget being what it is (and only really investing money, at least recently, in Alvarez, Golovkin, Kovalev, and Ward), I sincerely doubt that HBO would actually allow Golovkin, a fighter that they've spent four years building up, to fight elsewhere (in clearly his toughest fight as a professional)and not have that impact the working relationship with HBO.

Because, logically speaking, the possible way forward is pretty easy if you believe the stories being spun; K2 goes to bid, bids $4m ($3m to Golovkin/$1m to Jacobs), Jacobs balks at the share for "being too low" and vacates, Golovkin makes the WBA mandatory defense against Blanco or makes a voluntary defense in December(pocketing the money that Alvarez left on the table), HBO gets another opportunity to sell the aura of Golovkin (this time with an actual fighter refusing the fight), the fight against Billy Joe Saunders to unify the division gets worked out for March/April, and you spend the summer promoting the Alvarez-Golovkin fight.

Is K2 willing to risk a 4-year broadcasting relationship with HBO and a September 2017 fight against Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (who mainlined his deal with HBO) over a WBA belt that, regardless of the media story that they push, they got handed to them? I'm not sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        He was due 25% if it went to purse bids. He took 20% instead, if anything they saved money. While you were going on and on how Ggg was gonna get stripped via purse bid lol. Always bringing the laughs
        Golovkin got $2m, Wade got $500k, more money than any Golovkin opponent not named Lemieux or Geale.

For a guy who just edged his way into being the IBF's #8 challenger, with only one fight of any note, that's a heckuva deal. lol

Wade got paid 5 times the money he'd ever seen on a fight, finally had to pay out a piece to Haymon, and was able to basically have his camp from his house.

Comment

Golovkin got $2m, Wade got $500k, more money than any Golovkin opponent not named Lemieux or Geale.

For a guy who just edged his way into being the IBF's #8 challenger, with only one fight of any note, that's a heckuva deal. lol

Wade got paid 5 times the money he'd ever seen on a fight, finally had to pay out a piece to Haymon, and was able to basically have his camp from his house.
          Monroe got paid 5x more than he'd ever seen, ditto Curtis Stevens. A mando takes 20%, amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
            so let me see if I have this clear:

EVERY single word uttered from Abel Sanchez' mouth gets held against GGG, yet Jacobs trainer Rozier plainly states that Jacobs wont be ready for Dec 10, but anyone that believes him is somehow biased?

you are too much man......
            I take both trainers at their word. If Rozier says that he doesn't think that the time is enough for Jacobs to be ready to fight, I believe that he doesn't think that there's enough. That's just not Rozier's call to make; Daniel Jacobs has already said that he's been eyeing a December fight in Brooklyn, he's been in the gym working for a while already, and there seems to be no statement anywhere I see that has Daniel Jacobs saying anything to refute the statements that he, himself, has already said.

Whether it's actually the case or not, Abel Sanchez seems to have wholeheartedly taken on the role of public voice of Gennday Golovkin, and Golovkin has done near nothing to either change that perception or speak for himself.

If Golovkin's goal is truly to unify the division (as has been the K2 default for a while now), there's a clear and obvious way to pursue that aim; continuing to talk up a fight against Saul Alvarez (after Alvarez decided to go from 155lb back down to 154lbs, pick off a junior middleweight title, and having his camp openly talking about a slow move up in weight) isn't it.

When Sanchez started to run his mouth about Golovkin whopping every fighter 154-168, and Golovkin adding on with calling out only certain fighters 154-168, the impression that that action left was that Golovkin was cosigning what Sanchez was saying.

Daniel Jacobs is in the gym, getting ready to fight; after having a fight early September, to me, it doesn't make all that much sense for someone to then be back in the gym by early October, for a fight that allegedly won't happen until well into 2017.

Comment

Why do you keep lying? The Lemieux gated was disclosed it was 2m. The Jacobs Quillin gate was not disclosed lol.

I see you haven't learned a thing from that lesson, dumb****. I know, math is hard, you're always off by 3x
              If you have a source for the Golovkin-Lemieux date, share it; the closest I've seen to anyone actually vocalizing a hard number is Loeffler creaming himself over how much merch they were able to sell.

The Jacobs-Quillin gate was not disclosed (though it was said that they had 8k-9k in the building, a venue that could hold over 18k if sold out).

Comment

Monroe got paid 5x more than he'd ever seen, ditto Curtis Stevens. A mando takes 20%, amazing.
                Willie Monroe Jr won the "coveted" Boxcino Middleweight championship (a win that led Abel Sanchez to talk of Monroe being a bigger star than Erislandy Lara), and you're openly trying to argue that that was worth all of $20k? gtfoh

Stevens got a disclosed $290k for the Golovkin fight; if you have a source for Stevens having not seen $60k to fight, share it (the three fights before the Golovkin one, were all as co-features to shows on NBC and NBCSN; not to mention the HBO payday against a young Andre Dirrell).

again, I find it hard to believe that K2 makes it a habit to pay fighters 5 times the money that they'd ever seen to fight, lol

Comment

Willie Monroe Jr won the "coveted" Boxcino Middleweight championship (a win that led Abel Sanchez to talk of Monroe being a bigger star than Erislandy Lara), and you're openly trying to argue that that was worth all of $20k? gtfoh

Stevens got a disclosed $290k for the Golovkin fight; if you have a source for Stevens having not seen $60k to fight, share it (the three fights before the Golovkin one, were all as co-features to shows on NBC and NBCSN; not to mention the HBO payday against a young Andre Dirrell).

again, I find it hard to believe that K2 makes it a habit to pay fighters 5 times the money that they'd ever seen to fight, lol
                  Boxcino is ESPN 2, they have sub 50k budgets. Those NBCSN cards were sub 100k, and being the B side on a BAD undercard headlined by Paulie Ndou is not more than 50k. Learn some boxing.

Comment

If you have a source for the Golovkin-Lemieux date, share it; the closest I've seen to anyone actually vocalizing a hard number is Loeffler creaming himself over how much merch they were able to sell.

The Jacobs-Quillin gate was not disclosed (though it was said that they had 8k-9k in the building, a venue that could hold over 18k if sold out).
                    It was a simple Google search away, #1 result. You should learn to use it, it'd spare you repeat embarrassment

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/13950570/gennady-golovkin-david-lemieux-bout-generates-150000-pay-per-view-buys

Comment

So doesn't that tell you anything, you fcuking idiot? They wouldn't go higher for Wilder, who is more valuable and a bigger draw, with a hugely better purse split, a far better chance of winning, would lose meaningful home turf advantage with a losing bid, while Haymons funds were less scarce? Use your head for once?
                      Wilder is a bigger draw than GGG? You gotta realize. The bid is on the promotion not the fighter. If Dibella felt he could make money bidding $5mil for a Wilder fight how much you think he could make on a GGG fight?

Comment

Working...
                      X