No announcement yet.

"Gennady Golovkin will knockout Carl Froch if Canelo Alvarez isn’t ready"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gennady Golovkin will knockout Carl Froch if Canelo Alvarez isn’t ready"

Matchmaker Tom Loeffler told WBN that Gennady Golovkin would consider delaying a fight with Canelo Alvarez to meet Carl Froch at 168 pounds.

Gennady Golovkin is a 2004 Olympic silver medalist with an amateur record of 345-5.
    Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images
    The 33-year-old Golovkin (34-0, 31 KOs) scored an eighth-round TKO over Canadian slugger David Lemieux to unify middleweight titles on October 17. Approximately a month after Golovkin’s latest victory, the 25-year-old Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) unanimously outscored Miguel Cotto to capture the WBC World middleweight crown. Golovkin and Alvarez are tentatively slated to battle this spring.

Meanwhile, the 38-year-old Froch (33-2, 24 KOs) announced his retirement in the summer. Froch last exited the squared circle in May 2014 after knocking George Groves onto Queer Street in the eighth to defend the IBF and WBA super middleweight belts.

“I have always said Golovkin would go to 168 for Froch from the very first conversations with Eddie Hearn earlier this year - to when I saw Carl and spoke with him in Germany,” said Loeffler, who promotes Golovkin. “Some of our conversations are even on video that had both of us talking about making the fight at 168, so I’m not sure where he came up with GGG wouldn't go to 168 as that has always been our position and will continue to be. If Carl wants to fight Golovkin it can definitely happen at 168.”

The 6-foot-1 Froch, also a past two-time WBC super middleweight king, is a legitimate powerhouse who can withstand a solid punch. Still, Froch probably couldn’t have handled Golovkin in the prime of his career. Graying, slowing, and rusty, Froch would now get badly pummeled by the 5-foot-10 Golovkin.

Nicknamed “The Good Boy,” Golovkin is a once-in-a-generation pugilist and budding superstar who may be the world’s premier pound-for-pound boxer. GGG secured his 21st straight stoppage and retained his 160-pound strap for the 15th time versus the 26-year-old Lemieux (34-3, 31 KOs). Golovkin is a menacing, savage and accurate striker who has never been grounded in over 380 affairs. GGG masterfully cuts off the ring and possesses a granite chin and cinder blocks for fists. Golovkin, who has now knocked out 91 percent of his opponents and is 15-0 in title contests, would clinically dissect either Alvarez or Froch.

If Carl Froch mistakenly returns as a prizefighter, Gennady Golovkin will prey on “The Cobra” at Wembley Stadium in London, England.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/genn...ez-isn-t-ready

GGG & his entourage loves selling dem Wolf Tickets! Woof Woof

Comment

Still begging for that fight I see....

Comment

lil G aint got the balls to face Canelolujah! and please Carl Froch is a real G, if lil g steps up ... well you know tune "punks jump up to get beat down"

Comment

lil g, Ill fight anyone from 154-168, except....., I'll fight at 168 anyone but......, so if a guy will fight anyone but A CERTAIN PERSON, doesnt that say he's scared to fight a certain person? Or he knows he will lose to a "certain person"? I guess he's gotta protect that 0

Comment

This team is an embarrassment

Comment

164 catchweight doe

Comment

Why is the thread title in quotes when it's not an actual quote?

Comment

At 168 Carl Froch knocks out GGG. Froch just too big and too strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Why is the thread title in quotes when it's not an actual quote?
                    Yeah the article looks like it was written by some NSB fanboy to be fair. Not really credible.

Comment

Working...
                    X