HBO offering contracts to Eastern Euro fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    And Lomachenko is coming.
    Since he's with Top Rank that likely means he will be on HBO as well.

This pretty much kills the myth of HBO's racism and that Americans only like to watch their own fighters.

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    It was never racist, the only color they care about is green.
    100% correct.

Comment

Two devastating KO punchers, I'm glad these two will be doing on the biggest stage in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I've always said they would be willing to do it as long as the fighters weren't boring. That's why GGG and now Kovalev are getting offers and why the Klitschkos were booted off the network.

There was nothing racist about it as some posters like Freedom used to claim. It's strictly about what brings in money and what's best for business.
        What don't you understand about Greenberg vs Hershman? Greenberg admitted it outright when he ran HBO.

Comment

Well lets be honest, HBO have no choice so the GBP exclusive deal with Showtime was a serious blessing for fighters from overseas

Top Rank Roster is very average at best so Arum don't have the Roster to fill all the dates for HBO so they have to turn to other fighters and different promoters

But Boxing In America Always been that way, you can come here and earn your respect and you will be given more TV Time sometimes it takes longer then it should like Matthysse

EVERY COUNTRY IS BIAS TO THEIR OWN NOT JUST AMERICA! How many of you guys countries have American fighters fighting in your country and are huge draws? Of course American Networks are going to make American fighters Top Priority!
          Last edited by sicko; 08-17-2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            Well lets be honest, HBO have no choice so the GBP exclusive deal with Showtime was a serious blessing for fighters from overseas

Top Rank Roster is very average at best so Arum don't have the Roster to fill all the dates for HBO so they have to turn to other fighters and different promoters

But Boxing In America Always been that way, you can come here and earn your respect and you will be given more TV Time sometimes it takes longer then it should like Matthysse

EVERY COUNTRY IS BIAS TO THEIR OWN NOT JUST AMERICA! How many of you guys countries have American fighters fighting in your country and are huge draws? Of course American Networks are going to make American fighters Top Priority!
            This is true, no other country is as friendly to foreign fighters probably. When Greenburg was running HBO, all these guys were on SHO, if that. Now HBO has to turn to whoever gets them the best bang for their buck

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
              Greenberg admitted it outright when he ran HBO.
              What did he admit? Post the quote.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Maybe it has to do with it being an AMERICAN network...
                Right, and like I said I'm not complaining.

I don't see no yanks headlining a sauerland event on german tv...
                I don't see too many Germans either, mostly Ukrainians, Serbians, Russians, Armenians...

Comment

HBO needs all the talent they can get so I see no problem with this.

Comment

Eastern Promises!

Comment

Hershman is completely different than Greenberg. I guarantee Dmitry Pirog would have been right back on HBO after knocking out Danny Jacobs instead of being shunned.

Hershman his philosophy is about competitive, exciting fights. Greenberg was about paying 1.5 million dollars to Berto vs a bum.

Comment

Working...
                      X