Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We can offically call Dawson the Rematch Warrior.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can offically call Dawson the Rematch Warrior.

guy has great skills. just isnt where he should be.

Fought Tarver x2
    Fought Johnsonx2
    Was suppose to fight Pascal again
    Fighting Hopkinsx2

i think its more of bad luck then being a bad fighter . imo he should be a top p4p. just hope he turns it around soon.

Don't see what's wrong with his rematches.

He rematched Glen cause there was controversey in the first fight....everyone wanted him to rematch Glen.

Tarver enforced a rematch clause.

He should rematch Pascal to avenge his loss.

After the ending with Hopkins there HAD to be a rematch.

All of these rematches had very credible reasons for happening. Plus, LHW isn't exactly deep....and it was less deep 2 years ago.

Comment

Lennox Lewis had alot of rematches too

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Lennox Lewis had alot of rematches too
        Difference he fought a lot, Chad barely fights and when he does it's a rematch.

Comment

The rematch warrior against 40 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            guy has great skills. just isnt where he should be.

Fought Tarver x2
            Fought Johnsonx2
            Was suppose to fight Pascal again
            Fighting Hopkinsx2

i think its more of bad luck then being a bad fighter . imo he should be a top p4p. just hope he turns it around soon.
            huh? whut? why? his win over a couple 40 yr olds or his loss to pascal? which of those are the ones that qualified him for a top spot pfp?

Comment

I love how people criticize him for rematching 40 year olds but then offer nothing to refute the incredibly valid reasons why he fought those 40 year olds.

Who was at LHW in 2008-2009? Hop and Calzaghe wouldn't fight him.

Dawson deserves no criticsm for his competition. When actually going through the fights and not using revisionist history, there weren't really any alternatives.

Comment

What a minute...So now it a bad thing to Avenge your Losses or to try and remove any doubt about a fight like the First Glen Johnson fight when people thought Glen Johnson was robbed and won that fight

I COMMEND Dawson for doing that because most of today's boxers they take controversial wins and RUN...Dawson has the balls to say..."I WILL FIGHT YOU AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WILL MAKE IT A CLEAR CUT WIN"

So major props to Dawson for doing that! I wish MORE FIGHTERS would do that, then fighters would not have to PROTEST just to get a damn rematch

as for P4P...Chad Dawson I think was Top 5 P4P before losing to Pascal, so he was getting his Respect before losing that fight...some just find him boring but not many are stupid enough to question his talent and skills because IMO only Mayweather is more SKILLED OVERALL then Dawson even Mayweather praised him talents when his father was training him
                Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 02-22-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
                  What a minute...So now it a bad thing to Avenge your Losses or to try and remove any doubt about a fight like the First Glen Johnson fight when people thought Glen Johnson was robbed and won that fight

I COMMEND Dawson for doing that because most of today's boxers they take controversial wins and RUN...Dawson has the balls to say..."I WILL FIGHT YOU AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WILL MAKE IT A CLEAR CUT WIN"
                  Well he didn't exactly do that, did he? He fought Tarver twice before he fought Johnson again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    Well he didn't exactly do that, did he? He fought Tarver twice before he fought Johnson again.
                    He fought Tarver once and then TARVER enforced a rematch clause. I doubt Dawson was happy about that after beating him convincingly already.

Comment

Working...
                    X