No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto: What is his future?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto: What is his future?

Is Cotto's future at welterweight, jr middleweight, middleweight?
    What will his legacy be?
    After all is said in done where will he rank among Puero Rican fighters?

Just a few questions. Even IF he loses to Margarito, I think he will have a long successful career probably eventually at jr. middleweight and will eclipse all other PR fighters. What do you think?

If he beats Margarito, I'd give him a good chance to unify at welterweight, I don't think he should move up past 154 though.

Comment

I would agree with that. I think he is too short for 160.

Comment

he shouldn't move to junior middle until he's thirty.he beats margo i want to see him unify.

i'd love to see him unify and defend those titles 19 times[to break Armstrong's record]and for more than four years six months and three days[to break Freddie Cochran's record of longest reigning champ]becoming one of the top three greatest welters of all time with robinson and armstrong.
        Last edited by AntonTheMeh; 07-18-2008, 12:07 PM.

Comment

If Miguel Cotto unifies 147 and goes on to win titles at 154 (fighting the same type of competition as he has in the past), he would undoubtedly be regarded as well as the other great Puerto Rican champions of the past. He would be right up there with Gomez, Benitez, Trinidad and Ortiz.

I think Cotto will be in the hall of fame someday. I have been watching him for a long time and I always thought he was a special fighter. Even if he loses next Saturday and several more times in the future, I think we'll see him accomplish some pretty great things along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
            I think Cotto will be in the hall of fame someday. I have been watching him for a long time and I always thought he was a special fighter. Even if he loses next Saturday and several more times in the future, I think we'll see him accomplish some pretty great things along the way.
            That's how I feel. I don't think he's afraid to lose like Mayweather.

Comment

Cotto is a better fighter than Felix Trinidad and besides in Puerto Rico, He will be ranked higher than Tito ... Hes the best fighter PR has produced IMO.

Comment

if he beat margo...... things are just gonna get waaaaaaaaaaaay much better....

i think he will unify the 147... i dont see him having problems with williams at all...

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
                  cotto Is A Better Fighter Than Felix Trinidad And Besides In Puerto Rico, He Will Be Ranked Higher Than Tito ... Hes The Best Fighter Pr Has Produced Imo.
                  I Am To Young To Say That Because I Dint See Wilfredo Gomez Fights.... Or Wilfredo Benitez Which Sugar Lenard Say Once He Was Like Fighting Against Himself!
                  Cotto Is Wayyy Better Than Tito Imo Better Boxer Better Technique

Comment

Working...
                  X