Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: I Want Alexander Povetkin as Soon as Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
    Wilder is gonna be on his back foot in this fight, and when he is on his back foot his punching power declines drastically, thats why chinny Szpilka could take his best shots. Povetkins chin is far more better and I see Wilder being very often on the ropes, because his foot work is horrendous.
    The guy who got knocked unconscious with one shot? That's the comparison you want to make to hype up the guy who got knocked down by a jab?

Lol, keep trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      Actually someone in this thread did call him a blown up cruiserweight.

Height is only an advantage if you know how to use it properly. On the inside it can become a disadvantage.

I have little doubt Povetkin will be able to close the distance and crack Wilder on the jaw.

Also, some tall guys can fight inside. Fury is one such example.

I have serious doubts that Wilder has any kind of inside game.
      Didn't you watch the Dehaupus fight? Wilder has solid inside game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        The guy who got knocked unconscious with one shot? That's the comparison you want to make to hype up the guy who got knocked down by a jab?

Lol, keep trying.
        Wilder got knocked down by jab too, it was against the great Dustin "Worm" Nichols. Wilder was also KO'ed in amateurs, hehe

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
          Wilder got knocked down by jab too, it was against the great Dustin "Worm" Nichols. Wilder was also KO'ed in amateurs, hehe
          Don't lie. He got stunned by a jab, not knocked down, unlike Povetkin.

And so what If he got koed in the amateurs? Wilder started late and he still managed to get a bronze medal. There are many who started early in life and still couldn't achieve what Wilder has in his amateur and pro career, and he's only gotten better since.

Comment

And so what If he got koed in the amateurs? Wilder started late and he still managed to get a bronze medal. There are many who started early in life and still couldn't achieve what Wilder has in his amateur and pro career, and he's only gotten better since.
            He was knocked down, the referee ruled it a slip.

He was also dropped by Harold Sconiers.

Comment

Wilders was hurt by D- level fighters. Povetkins chin is much better.

Comment

And your point is, what? Wilder got knocked down early on in his career. Is that such a bad thing? Is that an indicator of future performance? Wilder should be applauded for getting up after the knockdown and winning the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  And your point is, what? Wilder got knocked down early on in his career. Is that such a bad thing? Is that an indicator of future performance? Wilder should be applauded for getting up after the knockdown and winning the fight.
                  It's not so much my point. I understand that getting hit solid leads to knockdowns, especially at heavyweight.

The post was a response to the people denigrating Povetkin for being knocked down once, when Wilder has been knocked down by much worse fighters.

Comment

If it's ruled a slip then it aint a knockdown. I know about that legit knockdown by Scorniers, no arguments there. But Povetkin has been knockdown more times than Wilder, didn't Wlad knock him down four times? And wasn't he put on queer street more than once by cruserweight Marko Huck? Yeah, I thot so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      It's not so much my point. I understand that getting hit solid leads to knockdowns, especially at heavyweight.

The post was a response to the people denigrating Povetkin for being knocked down once, when Wilder has been knocked down by much worse fighters.
                      He wasn't knocked down once and we both know that. Wlad knocked him four times and he was badley hurt more than once by a career cruserweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X